🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can a freelancer succeed without plus in his ...
Page options
praduman508
Community Member

Can a freelancer succeed without plus in his initial days at upwork

to earn some money for Plus Subscription of Upwork and then scale his portfolio at Upwork

3 REPLIES 3
elisa_b
Community Member

Personally, I think the Plus subscription is a waste of money. The same goes for keeping your "Available now" option activated. They will not secure you more jobs.

The truth is, Upwork is no longer how it used to be.

In times like these, when even experienced freelancers are struggling to find work, for newbies the situation is even more difficult. I don't know about your job feed, but mine is full of cr*p - low-quality, underpaid, uninteresting and mediocre job offers. There are scammers everywhere. 

Therefore, instead of wasting your money on the abovementioned features, you might want to think about a plan B instead. Best of luck.

ETA:

Upwork, if you read this - I did not get out of bed on the wrong side today. My bitterness is more than justified.

fe9b8d82
Community Member

I have plus just because I like being able to hide my earnings from nosey people.  Otherwise, I've noticed absolutely no difference in my invites or ability to get a job.

I wouldn't bother with plus unless you want to keep your earnings private.

spectralua
Community Member

I have plus. Must purchace connects in any case so 80 bundled connects like same price with separate purchacing. I like bids range feature, it is useless but funny. I think was hired not for plus bage just for knowledges. But if someone like bage then it is additional bonus. No other benefits used. If 80 connects will be removed from plus then i will cancel it for sure.

So Can a freelancer succeed without plus? Yes, it is not a critical requirement. I started without it then applied when collected a little money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members