🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can’t accept job offer
Page options
30dcb51a
Community Member

Can’t accept job offer

Hello!

Could someone help me as I am having an issue with accepting the job offer my client sent me? I receive an error saying ‘it can't be completed now, try again later.’ The problem is, it is an urgent project and I need to submit it in less than 10 hours.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tuba,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53
JoanneP

Hi Tuba,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I am having the same issue. Getting this error message when I am trying to accept the offer: An error has occurred. Please try again later

Hi Shoumin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked but I could not replicate the issue you experience. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? 

If the issue still persists please share a screenshot from your end and we will assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hello Shoumin,

I wes having the issue on Safari (on an IPad), but when I tried Chrome on the same device, it worked. After I updated the software, Safari has also been working without a problem.

Hello everyone, I have a problem in upwork platform that recently I have 2 offers but the main problem is that I can't accept the offer because the accept button is disabled. I also share the screenshot with you to see. How do I work with Upwork if I can't accept 2 offers at the start time?

Hi Abdul,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble accepting offers sent to you. I checked the job offers you are referring to and it looks like we are investigating both clients for possible TOS violation. You will be able to accept the offers only after your clients resolve issues flagged on their accounts with our team. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
3007569a
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, could someone help me please? 

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
d8d12644
Community Member

Hi, im trying to accept a job offer, but it's not letting me accept it and told me to wait till later to accept it. Any way to fix this?

Hi Julian,

I can see that you were able to accept the contract for the job you're referring to today. It looks like you're all set and just need to wait for the contract to start. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
ugoowoade
Community Member

Hello I got an offer for a job and I can't accept, kept telling me "error, try again"

Hi David,

I checked this for you and I could not replicate the issue that you're having. Please try clearing your cache and browsing history and retry accepting the offer. If the issue persists, please reply to this thread with the job title that you're trying to accept.

~ AJ
Upwork
907a8565
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. An error has occurred. Please try again later ,could someone help me please? 

Hi Manik,

Thank you for your message. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
56d484aa
Community Member

Hi, I keep getting an error message every time I try to accept an offer

Hi Tendai,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of having these errors. Can you please confirm what error message are you receiving upon accepting the offer so that we can take a closer look and assist you accordingly? If you can provide a screenshot of what you can see from your end that would be extremely helpful. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
56d484aa
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Here's a screenshot 

Screenshot_20220908_023650_com.upwork.android.apps.main.jpg

Hi Tendai,

Thank you for your confirmation and we sincerely apologize for this delay. I've escalated your report to the appropriate team for further review and assistance. Kindly expect an update on this page once your support ticket has been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork
45c8bb31
Community Member

Hi Arjay, I seem to be getting the same error message as the above screenshot. I tried using another browser and even clearing my cache and history to no avail.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated

45c8bb31
Community Member

upwork offer.png

Hi

I seem to get the above error message when trying to accept a job offer. I tried clearing my cache, cookies and browser history and even used a different browser to no avail.

Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
8bb36a93
Community Member

Hello Arjay or whoever is concerned, 

I am having the same issue as above, I can't accept a job offer and getting same error message. Tried clearing cache, using another browser, and even using the app. Upwork will not let me accept it gives error message seen in screenshot below. Please help! My offer expires tomorrow. 

IMG_3660.png

Hi David,

Thank you for your message. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the client's account has been suspended for a TOS violation. Your client will have to clear the issue on their account before you can accept the offer. 

I'd suggest you check out this post for more tips on avoiding questionable. In addition, please be sure not to communicate with a client outside of Upwork before a contract is in place.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
6a193234
Community Member

Could someone help me as I am having an issue with accepting the job offer my client sent me? I receive an error saying:"It seems like we ran into an unexpected problem with this offer." 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 171023.png

How can i get solution ? Please Help...

Screenshot 2023-08-03 171023.png

Hi Biswas,

Thank you for your message. I'm afraid to inform you that, just like in my previous reply to David, the client's account has been suspended for a TOS violation, and you will not be able to accept this offer.

I'd suggest you check out this post for more tips on avoiding questionable. In addition, please be sure not to communicate with a client outside of Upwork before a contract is in place.

Lastly, I can see that your profile photo is not a portrait of yourself. Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Please check this article for more information on how to update your profile photo.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
afaeb17f
Community Member

Hello Upwork Team

Whenever I try to accpet any offers, it always show error. Please help me for the same. Its urgent.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 175622.png

Hi Sunita,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the challenges while accepting an offer. I checked the job you were referring to and it appears that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS.

Please check out this course for more tips on staying safe on Upwork and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

- Pradeep

Upwork
saimaansari
Community Member

Hello there,

I understand your concern and the urgency of the situation. It's frustrating to encounter technical issues, especially when you have a time-sensitive project at hand. While I might not have direct access to Upwork's technical support, I can certainly suggest a few troubleshooting steps that might help resolve this issue:

1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, accumulated cache and cookies can interfere with website functionality. Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then attempt to accept the job offer again.

2. Different Browser or Device: If the issue persists, consider using a different browser or device to see if that resolves the problem. Sometimes, browser compatibility issues can cause unexpected errors.

3. Check Internet Connection: Ensure that your internet connection is stable. A poor or intermittent connection might lead to errors while using the platform.

4. Upwork Support: If the above steps don't resolve the issue, I recommend reaching out to Upwork's customer support immediately. They should be able to provide more specific guidance and assistance for technical issues.

5. Client Communication: In the meantime, keep your client informed about the situation. They might be able to provide some flexibility or suggest an alternative method of accepting the job offer.

Remember that technical glitches can happen, but proactive communication with your client and the platform's support team can help mitigate the impact on your project's timeline.

17598f47
Community Member

Hi, I'm also having an issue accepting the offer.. "Accept Offer" is disabled... Can someone help me please.

17598f47_0-1696868217524.png

Hi Jermaine,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this. I'm sorry if you're having difficulties accepting an offer. However, I took a closer look at the job you're referring to and found out that there's a problem with your client's account, and you cannot bill that client through Upwork. This could happen for various reasons, but we are not allowed to disclose any details about your clients' accounts for confidentiality and privacy purposes.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article and this thread for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork.

~ Arjay
Upwork
af8aeb5c
Community Member

I am having the same issue. 

Hi Lydia,

I looked closer at the offer you're referring to and confirmed that there's an issue with the client's account and we cannot bill the client for their projects. This is the reason why accepting the offer is now an option on your end. This could happen for various reasons, but we are not allowed to disclose any details about your clients' accounts for confidentiality and privacy purposes.

~ Arjay
Upwork
jelian_r
Community Member

I am having the same issue but the window doesn't indicate the error. Hoping for this to get fixed asap because today's my offer deadline.

Hi Jelian,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you just recently accepted and offer. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ AJ
Upwork
anna_babicheva
Community Member

I'm having the same issue, except the offer was actually accepted, despite the error message. 

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 23.11.15.png

Hi Anna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f696696d
Community Member

Hello,

I am having the same issue. The project is completed already and I just need to accept the offer to get paid and get my review. I only have 2 days to be able to accept and I can't seem to find a solution. Has been like this since Saturday.

Someone please help!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members