🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can’t accept job offer
Page options
30dcb51a
Community Member

Can’t accept job offer

Hello!

Could someone help me as I am having an issue with accepting the job offer my client sent me? I receive an error saying ‘it can't be completed now, try again later.’ The problem is, it is an urgent project and I need to submit it in less than 10 hours.

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoanneP

Hi Tuba,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

I have been trying to accept my first offer for an assignment. However, every time this happens, I receive a message telling me that there is a problem with the payment setup on the other side. I then received an email telling me I only have a limited time to accept the offer before it goes away.

I know that the other person has already reached out for support so that the payment goes through but honestly, how much longer should we wait before this is fixed? Is there a way to expedite this process? I've tried on different computers, different browsers. I don't need to clear my cashe. It's been days.

Hi Imani,

I looked closer at the offer you're referring to and confirmed that there's an issue with the client's account and we cannot bill the client for their projects. This is the reason why accepting the offer is now an option on your end. This could happen for various reasons, but we are not allowed to disclose any details about your clients' accounts for confidentiality and privacy purposes.

However, the appropriate team has reached out to the client with more information about the situation and further assistance in resolving it. You may continue coordinating with the client for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
a15d5c59
Community Member

I am also facing this problem. Don't know why the offer is not accepting kindly sort it out please

Hi Noor,

I looked closely at your account and confirmed that there are no pending contracts. However, I see a contract that just started today (18 February). You may validate this by going to your All Contracts page. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, upwork community can anyone help me out i am facing the same issue and how can I sort it out? It's showing that the client's account is temporarily on hold, When he created the offer I tried to accept it but it didn't work so I thought there might be an internet issue I started working for him and now I have almost done his work but can't accept the offer now? Kindly let me know what to do

aa9f3863
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I have a problem in upwork platform that recently I have 2 offers but the main problem is that I can't accept the offer because the accept button is disabled. I also share the screenshot with you to see. How do I work with Upwork if I can't accept 2 offers at the start time?

c81892f4
Community Member

Hello, I am having a little problem recently. I am working for a client for some time. The client has offered me a new job but I am unable to accept the offer. Because the accept button is disabled. I have been trying a lot but couldn't do it. Of course I removed the browsing cache and tried in other browsers, but I failed every time. Please help me.

Hi Maya,

I can see that you've been requested to complete the ID verification process. Please do so as soon as possible by clicking the 'Get Started' option on the notification banner to start the process. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
keshva_keshva
Community Member

Hello!

Could someone help me I am having an issue with accepting the job offer my client sent me. I receive an error saying, " An error has occurred. Please try again later". Please please resolve it soon.

Contract Offer.JPG

Hi Keshva,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started on this page

~ Nikola
Upwork
keshva_keshva
Community Member

suspended.JPG

manja_natalija
Community Member

I am also facing this problem. I can't accept the job my client sent me, the button is grayed out. I have tried it from different browsers but it isn't working.

5b90c7af
Community Member

Hello everyone, I have a problem in upwork platform that recently I have 1 offers but the main problem is that I can't accept the offer because the accept button is disabled. I also share the screenshot with you to see. How do I work with Upwork if I can't accept offers

Hi Fahad,

I can see this is happening because you are required to verify your identity. Your submission for verification is currently under manual review by the relevant team; the review should take 1-3 days to be completed. Once the review is completed and your account is verified, you should be able to accept the offer. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members