🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Can't reply to invite
Page options
ncourchamp
Community Member

Can't reply to invite

Hello,

I received a proposition to apply for a job and when i accepted and tried to submit my proposal it didn't work and I got the message :

"Invalid opening status"

I searched online, including on the forum session of Upwork, but I can't find an answer to what this message could mean. Any idea ? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Swathi,

In general, this happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team. You can confirm this by going to Find Work > Proposals and checking that this particular invite is not under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

Hope this helps,

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

143 REPLIES 143
syedz
Community Member

Here this is what i am seeing after clearing my cache as well. 

syedz_0-1642582965998.png

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Syed,

I would like to confirm that everything is working as designed. The error you're receiving on your end is because the job post was closed by the client. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
e2c35ccc
Community Member

hello everyone, I received an invitation to an interview, but I have no way to respond.

Hi Denise,

In general, this happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available. If you access the invitation you should be able to see the notification that the job is closed on the right-hand side of the screen.

~Andrea
Upwork
aa0952d3
Community Member

I was invited to an invite only job. When I click submit proposal it takes me to the job posting, but I don't see a way to submit the proposal. Help please!

Hi Lechelle,

This happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team. You can confirm this by going to Find Work > Proposals and checking that this particular invite is not under the "Invitations to interview" section. You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post.

~Andrea
Upwork
nikenglish
Community Member

Hi! 

I've been invited to submit proposal for a job posting and I can see it in my notifications and e-mails. However, I cannot see it under my Invitations and I cannot accept the invitation through the e-mail link. Any ideas why? Thanks for your help. 

Jovana,

Can you see that invitation under archive invitation? If yes, it has been closed. 

5b16ecdb
Community Member

Hi, 

Hi Carolina,

Could you please share more details about the situation so we could assist? Did you receive an invite and are unable to access it? If so, please keep in mind that, in general, this means that the job post has been closed and you're no longer able to send a proposal.

~Andrea
Upwork
5b16ecdb
Community Member

https://www.upwork.com/ab/proposals/1547936838219005952

this is the link to the job posting, I was wondering why I haven't seen an
"ACCEPT" or "DECLINE" button when I click respond in the notifications, and
what should I do about it? Thank you.

Hi Carolina,

I can see that you were already able to accept the invitation in question. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4e37b0eb
Community Member

Hi! 

I am supposed to be interviewed by a client but I cannot enter the Interview room. Attached is a screenshot. Hoping for your help on this.

serviceName: 'roomsDS', commandName: 'GetRoomStoriesSimplifiedHysCmd', error message: 'Room record not found by id: room_c8dc2def09485ff7d2630cbf9c201818'

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sodjavi,

In general, this happens when the job post associated with the invitation is no longer available or was closed by the Upwork team.

~Andrea
Upwork
4e37b0eb
Community Member

Ok thanks for your information, Andrea

celgins
Community Member

There are several posts over the past few years about the inability to accept or decline Invites. I have read through several of those posts, but I am still not seeing a solution.

I have an invite from a year ago that is no longer available, but the Invite still shows as Active in my proposals list. The client sent 27,137 Invites for this job, so I'm guessing other freelancers also have the Invite still in their Proposals lists.

If the job is no longer available, why does the Invite still show in my list of Active proposals?

Hi Clark,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
celgins
Community Member

Andrea G,

Thank you.

e3d6eabd
Community Member

I have an invitation to interview that I cannot accept. Already waited and tried several times but without success. Also logged out and back in and deleted cookies.

Whenever I click "Submit a proposal" I get this red box. Never had that before. 

Any ideas?

e3d6eabd_1-1687240301907.png

Thanks!

Hi Sascha,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
d7245175
Community Member

Hello! I received an Invitation to a job today. I wrote a response, but can't submit it since the Submit button is grayed out. 

What's the problem? 

Forgot to add -- there are no hires on the job yet. 

Solution: You MUST provide an answer as to whether or not you want a rate increase in the future. I had skipped that, since I didn't want one for this short job. It would be helpful if the app would tell you that this section needs to be filled out/answered.

coringoodman
Community Member

Hello, I was unable to join a video interview with a potential client, and the conversation was removed. I received this error message:

serviceName: 'roomsDS', commandName: 'GetRoomSimplifiedHysCmd', error message: 'Room record not found by id: room_8df0e3034e3381c16f5e98c9175648be'

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members