cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certifications

Community Leader
Colyn E Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
1 of 9

I noticed that Upwork is re-assessing how they display certifications on freelancer profiles. I had some certificates taken off my profile, and got a prompt essentially saying that only certain certificates will be allowed from now on.

Is there a list of which certifying bodies/organizations will be considered 'official' and allowed by Upwork? I'm curious, just in case I try to get certified for anything in the future. Thank you.

Emil P Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

Hey Colyn,

When you try to add new certificate you'll see a dropdown with all certificates which are available.

Cheers

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 9

Hi Colyn,

You can find the supported certification on the drop-down menu and also listed in this Help article.

Ace Contributor
Kishan S Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
4 of 9

Hi How many business days it take to approve pending verification? 

Peter M Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
5 of 9

Previously I participated in Upwork’s Code It Up Coding Challenge and I received "Top Developer" badge. It was in Certifications section. Now it was removed. Could you please return it?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 9

Hi Peter, 

We'll have to get back to you regarding this as we need to consult with the team handling this program. We'll update you on this thread once we get feedback from them. 

UPDATE: Peter, the team has already included it in their roadmap to add back the Upwork certificates issued in the past. We'll post an update here on this thread once it has already been added back.

-Avery
Untitled
Danylo V Member Since: Nov 23, 2019
7 of 9

Hello
My cert has been pending
Please approve it

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
8 of 9

Hello Danylo,

Please allow up to 3 days for your certification to be reviewed. Thank you.

Untitled
Community Leader
Colyn E Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
9 of 9

Do certifications help freelancers significantly? Is there any notable difference in earnings between certified v. non-certified? I'm asking mostly about the design field (in which I want to enhance my skills and am considering certs, but hesitate when I see the costs of the tests).

Also, are there ever going to be any UX Design certifications added? I don't see any, and that is a field I am interested in. Adobe has a program that I want to learn (Adobe XD) but it is not included in their current list of ACE tests.

I'm just starting to explore this so please excuse my ignorance. I appreciate your time.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS