🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change Public Feedback
Page options
dsallam
Community Member

Change Public Feedback

I have worked with a client in an hourly contract, he liked the work and approved it, he promised to end the contract but he did not do. I contacted him for 2 weeks to end it but did not respond.

Suddenly, someone contacted me from the same account telling me that my work is very poor and gave me a very bad review. I want to change this review and dispute this client.

P.S. this client worked in a company, he was asking his boss regularly, and he was approving my work as well. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

This is going to lower my sucess rate dramatically

Yes.

Mahmoud S wrote:

Although all my reviews are 5/5, 

They're not. You also had that 2.85 in the summer.  So out of 7 feedback, 2 were poor.

Mahmoud S wrote:

I do not want my JSS to get affected by this. 

Too late. Even if the client changed their feedback, the private feedback (which is what affects your JSS) remains. If you refund in full, the contract will vanish from your profile, but again, the private feedback (which is what affects your JSS) remains.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

I want to change this review and dispute this client.

You can't.

Did you really log hours while not working, and blaming "confusion" when asked about it?

dsallam
Community Member

Yeah I logged the hours and they were tracked via the application. 

The story is, the client I was working with approved my work completly. Then, the other one who contacted me via the same client account stated that the previous person I was working with was fired, due to my poor work. Then he gave me this very poor review after ending the contract. 

petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

Yeah I logged the hours and they were tracked via the application. 

The story is, the client I was working with approved my work completly. Then, the other one who contacted me via the same client account stated that the previous person I was working with was fired, due to my poor work. Then he gave me this very poor review after ending the contract. 

There is nothing about the feedback that would make it disputable.

dsallam
Community Member

This is going to lower my sucess rate dramatically. Although all my reviews are 5/5,  I do not my JSS to get affected by this. 

Anything you suggest ?

petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

This is going to lower my sucess rate dramatically

Yes.

Mahmoud S wrote:

Although all my reviews are 5/5, 

They're not. You also had that 2.85 in the summer.  So out of 7 feedback, 2 were poor.

Mahmoud S wrote:

I do not want my JSS to get affected by this. 

Too late. Even if the client changed their feedback, the private feedback (which is what affects your JSS) remains. If you refund in full, the contract will vanish from your profile, but again, the private feedback (which is what affects your JSS) remains.

dsallam
Community Member

Upwork has to deal with such clients, it is not my bad that the client changed and he rated me like this. 

Upwork has to take some action against him. 

Being able to change/remove any feedback that you don't like will make the whole exercise futile - everybody will be on 100% and top-rated.

It is there for a reason. It is up to you to make it work for you rather than against you. You may well complain that you feel the feedback you received is unfair, but just about everybody (particularly the dishonest/deluded freelancers) would say the same about theirs. 

All freelancers on the platform face the prospect of difficult clients (if that is genuinely what has happened). It is down to us to deal with it. 

Seemingly you did not get my point.

two clients work on the same account (Which I discovered after the contract was ended), one liked my work and approved it, after that the other one did not like it and gave a bad review. 

This violates Upwork policy

Mahmoud S wrote:

Seemingly you did not get my point.

two clients work on the same account (Which I discovered after the contract was ended), one liked my work and approved it, after that the other one did not like it and gave a bad review. 

This violates Upwork policy

No, it does not. Clients cannot have more than one account, but more than one person can use a client's account. 

Even if it were against policy - leaving negative feedback is not. You are really clutching at straws here. 

The feedback will not be changed/removed. The best thing you can do is to move on.

petra_r
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

Would that be the guy who was fired because of your work? Enough said...

That the work was deemed to be SO bad that somebody lost their job over it only highlights the need for clients to be able to leave feedback. 

Future clients need to know about this to help them hire effectively. If the poor feedback hinders your chances of getting more work then, well, that's kind off the point. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members