🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Change "per hour" to "fixed price"?
Page options
carineweb
Community Member

Change "per hour" to "fixed price"?

Hello,
I submitted a proposal to a client with a rate per hour.
After discussion with the client, we will surely opt for a fixed price.
Can we change the proposal to a fixed price per hour? I don't see this option on my end.
Can the client send me a proposal with a fixed price?
I haven't had many contracts on Upwork so I'm not sure how this works.
Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

You won't need to change anything, the client will send you a proposal based on a fixed price.

I fail to understand why some clients publish jobs with an hourly structure and then ask to switch to fixed price... any ideas? 😉

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

You won't need to change anything, the client will send you a proposal based on a fixed price.

I fail to understand why some clients publish jobs with an hourly structure and then ask to switch to fixed price... any ideas? 😉

please see this and how it effects your answer.

thanks,

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211060388?utm_source=forethought-chat&utm_lp=forethough....

- faizanusuf

Here's another page disallowing the same, one the contract is initiated.

So, what do we do in that case? My proposal has a. hourly bid and client has a fixed bid - and we've bith accepted each other's offer. That's just not how contracts work, and now we're both scratching our heads.

Help will be appreciated!

thanks.

- faizanusuf

Hi Faizan,

Clients have the option to choose between sending an offer of hourly or fixed price contract. So even if you sent a bid for an hourly contract, they can still offer a fixed-price contract.

Here's what they would see on their end:

759e32fa_0-1701784550037.png

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members