🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Top Rated Plus criteria
Page options
cobeste
Community Member

Top Rated Plus criteria

I'm wondering if the criteria or metrics for achieving 'Top Rated Plus' status as a freelancer have changed in the last year.

I held the Top Rated Plus status for about two years before being downgraded. I've observed that one of the criteria is to have at least one contract with a value of $5,000 or more.

I believe that the nature of long-term and short-term projects varies across different expertise areas. Short-term projects are more common for designers compared to programmers.

Additionally, I work with an enterprise partner who manages work on a per-project basis, where each task is considered a separate project. Although I have numerous projects with a single client, amounting to around $10,000 in earnings annually, I'm curious if the criteria consider earnings per client or earnings per project.

If it's the latter, wouldn't using earnings per client be a more objective metric?

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Stefan,

The criteria for a “large contract” is specific to the contract category. We base these amounts on the opportunities currently available on Upwork. For example, in certain categories, a large contract might be one with earnings of $5,000 but in others it might be a $20,000 or $30,000 contract.

For now, we define large contracts as shown below.

Freelancers

Category Large Contract Amount
Accounting and Consulting $10,000
Admin Support $10,000
Customer Support $20,000
Data Science and Analytics $10,000
Design and Creative $5,000
Engineering and Architecture $5,000
IT and Engineering $10,000
Legal $5,000
Sales and Marketing $10,000
Translation $5,000
Web, Mobile and Software Development $15,000
Writing $5,000

Please check this help article for more information.

~ AJ
Upwork
cobeste
Community Member

Hi Annie,

I've reviewed the table you provided. My question is whether the metrics change over time.

Secondly, is there a specific reason for presenting metrics earnings as an amount by contract versus an amount by client?

Lastly, is there a possibility that Upwork considers feedback like this from a freelancer when implementing updates or establishing new policies?

Thank you very much.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members