cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging client

caaam
Mary Camela F Member Since: May 25, 2016
1 of 16

How do I charge my client for an hour of work?

qqsolutions
Community Guru
Muhammad Saif U Member Since: Oct 18, 2015
2 of 16

You should track the hour worked using the desktop app of upwork. You can add one hour manually as well but it will not qualified for payment protection in case of any dispute with client.

caaam
3 of 16

I see. Thank you so much for the info. I really didn't get how to use the app then. Thanks!

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 16

Mary, first of all, you have to be working on an hourly contract. The best way is to use Upwork Team app, because you're guaranteed payment for the time recorded. However, it takes screenshots and records keystrokes, so if you don't work at a computer, then you may have to record time manually, with client permission. In that case you go to your work diary and click the button to add manual time. Time recorded manually is not guaranteed, but if you have an ethical client, then you have nothing to worry about.

5 of 16

Thanks John! That really hepled me understand how to use the team app with the work diary since it's my first time to use it. Thank you again!

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
6 of 16

Hi Mary,

Clients are billed on Hourly jobs according to the weekly billing cycle. As you can see from the article, the client will have 5 days to review the hours you log this week (Monday to Friday next week), and the payment will become available the following Wednesday, once it clears the security period.

You can also find more information about working and getting paid on Hourly jobs here and here.

View solution in original post

rainnec
Sherainne Louise C Member Since: Jun 17, 2016
7 of 16

Hello everyone. Its my first time being hired in an hourly job since i only did fixed price before. 

I already read about the payment schedule for hourly jobs but i just want some things to be clarified. 

1 week had already past and i already submitted the works for that week. And as i have read in the weekly billing cycle, by 2nd week, monday, the client will be charged. I just want to ask, when would i see in my pending earnings the amount of money that i earned from that week? If by monday, clients are charged, how come there's nothing showing up in my pending earnings?

I would love to have some information and understand this a bit more. Thank you!

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 16

Hi Sherainne,

I merged your post with this thread posted earlier. Please see my reply above and check the Help article for more information about the billing cycle on Hourly jobs.

rainnec
Sherainne Louise C Member Since: Jun 17, 2016
9 of 16

ohh i got it now. I totally missed the "review" part. thank you for the information!

caaam
10 of 16

I see. thank you for the info. Really helped me understand how this thing works. Thank you!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS