🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Failed to Fund Milestone
Page options
Grace K Community Member

Client Failed to Fund Milestone

I have a client that funded only one milestone out of five, and when I reminded her for the very first time she only edited the milestones but never funded them. I am now aware that I should not complete any work where a milestone has not been funded, but is there any way I can report such a client? And is there any way I can request for protection from negative feedback? Either Private or Public? once I end the contract

Please help. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Preston H Community Member

re: "Client Failed to Fund Milestone"

Clients are not required to fund milestones.

re: "I have a client that funded only one milestone out of five"

That is completely fine.

The client is doing nothing wrong.

re: "and when I reminded her for the very first time she only edited the milestones but never funded them."

Okay. That's fine.

re: "I am now aware that I should not complete any work where a milestone has not been funded, but is there any way I can report such a client?"

No.

You may not report such a client.

re: "And is there any way I can request for protection from negative feedback? Either Private or Public? once I end the contract"

No.

CJ A Community Member

Unless the client is still asking you to continue working with the milestones not funded, there's really nothing to 'report' the client for.  The client is not required to KEEP funding milestones and can end the contract at anytime.  However, if the client IS asking you to keep working without funding the milestones, that is a terms of service violation as the client is asking for free work.  There is really no way to 'prevent' the client from leaving negative feedback.  If you are concerned the client has no intention to pay, your best bet is to just end the contract, move on, and hope for the best.  If you reminded the client once that the milestones needed to be funded, and they updated the milestones but did not fund them, then the client has no intention of paying you.

William T C Community Member

Hi Grace,

Ask the client for an update. "Client are you still continuing the project or have you decided stop the campaign?" If you have been paid any monies, then yes the client can leave both a Private and Public review. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members