🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Fraud
Page options
820b5f19
Community Member

Client Fraud

I have never encountered a problem like this on upwork before, but I'm all out of options at this point.

I submitted all the work to a client via a direct contract but they are refusing to pay for the work I have put in.  I submitted 14 scripts, and at the last script, he decided not to pay, claiming that I used ChatGPT with no real proof.

I've been trying to reach a live customer support agent to find a resolution, but I'm unable to do so. The chatbot keeps sending me around in circles and I've been trying to file a dispute for hours.

I've done everything the client asked for the past month as per our contract and mutual agreement, but I can't stand not being paid for my hard work and being accused of using AI when I haven't. 

Worse of all, he has no proof. It's easier said than done because AI scripts are clear as day. You absolutely need a human to write scripts manually because there's a clear difference between the two. 

I want what I'm owed because this client is just making claims with no real evidence. He has declined the payment and removed me from their Trello workflow as well. Thankfully, I have screen recordings of the work I submitted if needed.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Umair,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members