Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Gone without Paying

mohammedalihg
Mohammed A Member Since: Aug 25, 2017
1 of 5

Hello, 

I was working with a client (**edited for Community Guidelines**) and I have already finished his work, but when i finished he gone and didn't appear again, Now i want to ask when will i get paid for this job and what about contract ?

Thanks,

Mohammed

millermelanie
Community Guru
Melanie M Member Since: Jul 13, 2016
2 of 5

Did you actually have a funded contract? If the money was in escrow as it should have been before you started, then you will get paid after 14 days, even if the client does not respond. If you did the work with no funding for the milestone in place, then you likely won't get paid, and there's nothing Upwork can do.  Did you submit the work already?

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 5

Mohammed: it doesn't matter if a client disappears or stops communicating. Whenever I work on Upwork I get paid automatically.

So you either:

- will get paid automatically 

(or)

- did something wrong and you need to learn from your mistakes.

If you do not understand what happened, then tell us more so we can provide additional information.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 5

Mohammed   1. Do you have an active contract from this client (it would be listed in the my Jobs section)

2. If this was an hourly job, is the client's billing account verified?

3. If this was a fixed rate job, was escrow FULLY funded?

4. Did you submit the work by clicking on the Request Payment/Submit Work button (if fixed rate job)

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 5

Hi Mohammed, 

I checked your account and can see that you have an hourly contract for this client, and that you were able to log hours accordingly. In this case, you will be paid for work logged according to the Weekly Billing Cycle

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS