🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Harassment
Page options
7a2d5543
Community Member

Client Harassment

I have a client a few days ago, asking for a female model to do a hold breath video. He offered a contract of 200usd for an hour and I was skeptical but still delivered two videos of models holding their breath for 60-80 seconds. It was easy. But the problem is, he used another name to make a contract with me and urged me to manually add my time, which does not cover me with Hourly Protection. I was thinking that person can easily dispute my work because I was not submitting my output to him. If they dispute the fee, I have no evidence on the account. I got the realization that it was a hoax transaction when the client (under contract) forbade me to contact him. But I still did. I sent him my output and it got his account suspended due to questionable activity. They were both plus clients and I was too trusting. They both blocked me. And just a few minutes ago, the client contacted me again, offering 500usd contact under another person's account. When I did not take the offer, he lashed out and threatened to get me suspended here. He even offered to send me money outside. He even made a fake account of me asking for 'money' and 'sending my account'. **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I got our conversation screen-capped anyway so I am not worried. People are just so sick sometimes they don't know how to accept a 'NO'.

I hope you do something about this, Upwork. I am including the screenshot of our conversation here.

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Maricel,

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience with a client and I appreciate you reporting it. I see our Trust & Safety team has already taken action against the client's account. While I had to remove the screenshots from your post as they included private conversation, I have forwarded them to the team.

I also encourage you to check out this post by our  Senior Product Manager with Upwork Trust & Safety for more information about how to avoid getting scammed on the platform as well as what the team is doing to keep our users safe.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Maricel,

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience with a client and I appreciate you reporting it. I see our Trust & Safety team has already taken action against the client's account. While I had to remove the screenshots from your post as they included private conversation, I have forwarded them to the team.

I also encourage you to check out this post by our  Senior Product Manager with Upwork Trust & Safety for more information about how to avoid getting scammed on the platform as well as what the team is doing to keep our users safe.

~ Valeria
Upwork
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Maricel C wrote:

I have a client a few days ago, asking for a female model to do a hold breath video. He offered a contract of 200usd for an hour and I was skeptical but still delivered two videos of models holding their breath for 60-80 seconds. It was easy.

Someone offering ridiculous amounts of money for easy work should have been a red flag in the first place, no?

So the person gets a video for free of a model holding her breath. 

It seems as if I'm missing something here, unless there's a paraphilia involved I've never heard of. 

There is.

Christine A wrote:

There is.

😲

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Well done, Maricel!

You've helped Upwork help other freelancers not have to deal with that fraudster.

You'll no doubt recognize the potential for fraud in dealing with future potential clients who want you to color outside the lines Upwork has implemented in its systems and policies.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

No Will, it's 100. The client paid 100. 

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Oops. Wrong board.

80, 90, or 95, depending, but it really doesn't matter. If a freelancer issues a refund, upwork reverses their fee too.

Anyways, are you responding to a different thread? This is not about a refund. 

jeremiah-brown
Community Member

Fraud is rampant among the clients here.  I wish Upwork would vet them the way freelancers are vetted.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members