🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Job Posts that are already directed to...
Page options
mcooper247
Community Member

Client Job Posts that are already directed to one particular freelancer

Not sure why I see job posts that are directed to one particular freelancer. They should be in messages. I have wasted connects applying to a few of those job until I figured out the client really wanted one particular freelancer. EG:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
asnide1
Community Member

Hello Michael,

I think I've spent connects on the same type of jobs, but they weren't as obviously written as the example you are showing.  Maybe you could message the support team after you applied and realized what is going on?  Another option is to report the posting because it is technically a scam because the owner never had the intention of buying from anybody else besides the intended recpient. 

I get what they were doing.  A direct contract doesn't impact your JSS.  Granted, you make more money through a direct contract but you don't get the JSS credit.  It's just unfair to us that apply, spend time understanding the job, writing a custom quote and spending connects.

crart
Community Member

Adam S wrote:

It's just unfair to us that apply, spend time understanding the job, writing a custom quote and spending connects.

Why would you apply for jobs directed for specific freelancer? Why waste connects - and time - that way? Just avoid these. Anything containing specific phrases like in this case "as discussed" are suspicious so I just move on. Be alerted.

mcooper247
Community Member

Honestly I thnk some of those posts are user error since the client may not realize they can message the freelance directly and are just rying to commuincate with them regarding another project. My point is that these should not be posted in the first place. I think Upwork could run an algoritham prior to those job postings to cancel them out or at lease warn/educate the client .

Thanks all. Just sharing. Sincerely, Michael

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members