🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Mis-representation Dispute
Page options
dan_ortiz
Community Member

Client Mis-representation Dispute

I applied for a project a few months ago - as part of assessing my ability to complete the project, the client requested a brief call with me (which we did through the Upwork messaging platform).

The understanding we reached on the call was that she wanted my insight and that based on that she would hire me on for hourly work beyond that initial call.

However, I feel that the client misrepresented their intentions and instead got all the insights she intended on paying me for in the consult call and never followed through with actually paying me for my work and has been non-responsive ever since.

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Dan O wrote:

I applied for a project a few months ago - as part of assessing my ability to complete the project, the client requested a brief call with me (which we did through the Upwork messaging platform).

The understanding we reached on the call was that she wanted my insight and that based on that she would hire me on for hourly work beyond that initial call.

However, I feel that the client misrepresented their intentions and instead got all the insights she intended on paying me for in the consult call and never followed through with actually paying me for my work and has been non-responsive ever since.

It happens. Clients are under no obligation to hire you after an initial call. Unless they actually asked you to work for free, there's nothing to report here. Next time, keep your call short and if they want to hear more, insist on getting a contract in place first.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members