🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client Unresponsive
Page options
0d4ed13e
Community Member

Client Unresponsive

Hi everyone! What to do if a client is unresponsive? I have an active contract with them and I keep on updating them if they need any assistance for other tasks. They are online on Upwork but didn't reply.

Should I keep my contract open even if no earnings or I will close the contract?

Will it affect my JSS Score if I close the contract myself? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
moonraker
Community Member

Samera H wrote:

Hi everyone! What to do if a client is unresponsive? I have an active contract with them and I keep on updating them if they need any assistance for other tasks. 

Please don't keep 'updating' them. They already know you're available.

How long have they been unresponsive for? 

Hi, They are unresponsive for 3 weeks now.
Should I wait for them or close the contract myself? Will it affect my jss if I close it?
jr-translation
Community Member

Samera H wrote:

Hi everyone! What to do if a client is unresponsive? I have an active contract with them and I keep on updating them if they need any assistance for other tasks. They are online on Upwork but didn't reply.

Should I keep my contract open even if no earnings or I will close the contract?

Will it affect my JSS Score if I close the contract myself? Thank you

You should stop pestering the client. They know where to find you.
I would not close the contract at the moment because they might mark you down for communication. Each message they did not ask for but have to read uses their valuable time.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What to do if a client is unresponsive?"

Clients are not required to be responsive.

It is the client's project.

It is the client's timeline.

Don't worry about it if a client doesn't want to talk to you right now.

I get paid the same amount whether or not a client is responsive. And if a client does not have work for me right now, that is fine. I get paid zero money for doing zero work, which is fair. My other clients are happy because I can focus on their projects.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members