cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client ask for full refund for a confirmed milestone, even though I'm offering a free of charge

subodhsri2
Subodh S Member Since: May 30, 2017
11 of 16

And as expected, he gave me 1 star rating. And I also give him 1 star rating.

So, what is best suggestion for me to handle this 1 star rating, should I request upwork to remove it since I have top rated badge. Or will upwork review this client and do anything about it ?

You should use your TOP Rated perk and get feedback removed. If you don't, new prospects will be hesitant to work with you. Remember that you can't get another feedback removed until 3 months AND until you complete 10 new jobs. 

Good luck!

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 16

Hi Bily, 

I'm sorry to learn about your experience. I can see that you already have an open ticket with the team through Ticket #30499207. It would be best to keep the discussion in one place and avoid filing new tickets regarding the same issue so that our Customer Support Team can assist you more efficiently. If you have any additional information you wish to share regarding your concern, please don't hesitate to update Ticket #30499207. 

I'll follow up with the team so that they can get back to you soon. 

~ Avery
Upwork
billyadelphia
Bily P Member Since: Jul 25, 2019
13 of 16

I'm so sorry. I thought the community and the support are different. Sure I will move into the support ticket instead.

Thank you all for the answer.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 16

You are correct, Bily!

The Customer Support Team and the Community have two different functions. I was actually referring to the new support ticket you filed with Ticket #30505572. Since the same concern is already being discussed in Ticket #30499207, I would recommend keeping the discussion in Ticket #30499207 so that the agent handling your case can assist you more efficiently. 

Don't hesitate to post here if you wish to get tips and recommendations from our Community members. I can see Preston has been active on your thread. Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
amr-abdou
Amr A Member Since: Apr 24, 2018
15 of 16

Hi Bily,

Can you tell me how it ended up after contacting customer support?

I am in the same situation now. A client is asking for a refund exactly 1 hour after asking me for a proposal for more work.

Luckily the contract is closed & the funds were released. Still pending for 2 more days which worries me.

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
16 of 16

Hi Amr,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with a contract. The client requested a refund of the money they’d already released to you. You’ll see the request in Messages. Please communicate with the client directly to try and resolve any issues amicably. If you agree to refund the money, you can issue the refund directly from the request in Messages. If you decide not to refund, the client may seek mediation assistance from Upwork. If that happens, Upwork team will reach out to you directly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS