🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client asked me to stop working with our acti...
Page options
eshte19
Community Member

Client asked me to stop working with our active contract

Hi,

I am new to Upwork and got this client that asked me to stop working with our current active Upwork contract. If I will end contract with them,are they still can pay me with the previous billed hours of job that I did for them? Thanks for the help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they bill, regardless of when the contract ends.

If you logged time, you will be paid for that time.

And clients have the right to pause a contract, or close a contract, or ask you to not work on a contract, whenever they want to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yes.

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they bill, regardless of when the contract ends.

If you logged time, you will be paid for that time.

And clients have the right to pause a contract, or close a contract, or ask you to not work on a contract, whenever they want to.

Thank you for the feedback,really helps. But now I am worried, If i won't work on the target 40hrs a week or totally 0 hours for few months, is this a grounds for my Upwork profile termination?  Thanks again

Estela Q wrote:

Thank you for the feedback,really helps. But now I am worried, If i won't work on the target 40hrs a week or totally 0 hours for few months, is this a grounds for my Upwork profile termination?  Thanks again

No. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members