🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client committed Fraud! IMPORTANT PLEASE....
Page options
avirockx007
Community Member

Client committed Fraud! IMPORTANT PLEASE....

Hey Mods & Freelancers,

I had a bad experience with a client who hired me a week ago.

I done everything well & everything was fine till he asked me every time to do this, do that, he completely try rip me off due to over tasking.

I agreed somehow as he was my client & in a good gesture. I was being completely harassed by him again & again by his over demanding of tasks. 

Money is not an issue for me currently but the way he mishandled the situation and tried to expliot me made me to end the contract myself.

I completed everything, and submitted the work for review but he demand to do more, so due to such unpleasant situation I ended the contract.

My query is that is there something that can be done against such hypocrite. Can any mode, administrator help me out on it? 

Let me know please as it is much needed for me to boost up!

Thank you!

Best, 

Awais 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Help you in what way? Tell the client to be more reasonable? That's up to you. He didn't "commit fraud", you simply failed to stand up for yourself. All you can do now is leave an honest review and learn from the experience. In the future, vet clients carefully, define the deliverables, clarify expectations, don't let people take advantage of you. Don't accept a job in the first place if your gut is telling you not to. You'll still encounter the occasional bad client once in awhile, but as soon as you realise that things aren't going to work out, get out of the contract as quickly and graciously as possible. "I'm sorry, but I'm starting to think that I'm a bad fit for this project. I'm going to turn over what I've done so far and end the contract so that you can find a freelancer who's better able to help you." Then move on. You're top rated, so you can remove the occasional bad review and needn't let experiences like this affect you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Help you in what way? Tell the client to be more reasonable? That's up to you. He didn't "commit fraud", you simply failed to stand up for yourself. All you can do now is leave an honest review and learn from the experience. In the future, vet clients carefully, define the deliverables, clarify expectations, don't let people take advantage of you. Don't accept a job in the first place if your gut is telling you not to. You'll still encounter the occasional bad client once in awhile, but as soon as you realise that things aren't going to work out, get out of the contract as quickly and graciously as possible. "I'm sorry, but I'm starting to think that I'm a bad fit for this project. I'm going to turn over what I've done so far and end the contract so that you can find a freelancer who's better able to help you." Then move on. You're top rated, so you can remove the occasional bad review and needn't let experiences like this affect you.

Thank you! Appreciated.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members