Did you mean: 

Re: Client declined to pay after work.

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 13

@Shivam G wrote:

Hi,

My recent client **Edited for Community Guidelines**, declined to pay me. He is saying that there is palg in content. But I checked thoroughly, there is not even 1% plag. Please suggest me how to deal with this situation. 

Are you referring to plagiarized content? You could ask your client to send to you the disputed parts of the text, together with the original that he believes you took it off of. 

On the other hand, if he asked for 100% original text, then 1% plagiarized content is too high already ....

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
12 of 13

@Martina P wrote:

@Shivam G wrote:

Hi,

My recent client **Edited for Community Guidelines**, declined to pay me. He is saying that there is palg in content. But I checked thoroughly, there is not even 1% plag. Please suggest me how to deal with this situation. 

Are you referring to plagiarized content? You could ask your client to send to you the disputed parts of the text, together with the original that he believes you took it off of. 

On the other hand, if he asked for 100% original text, then 1% plagiarized content is too high already ....

Not always, and much depends on the subject matter.

I often include lots of "quick facts" in some of the work I do, and these facts(stellar distances, the diameter, mass, and chemical composition of celestial objects, stellar associations, and many others can't be changed just because some plagiarism checker finds that they have been mentioned about gazillion times before on about a bazillion sites and/or sources. 

The same is true for many other technical subjects, so unless the OP wrote about a general topic like growing roses or maybe did a hotel review, 1% "plagiarized" content really should not be a problem for anybody.   

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
13 of 13

Reinier makes some very good points here...

If a piece of writing is "1% plagiarized," as judged by an automated software program.... Isn't that another way of saying that it is "not plagiarized"?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS