🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client did not receive Testimonial email
Page options
ahmedwaseem097
Community Member

Client did not receive Testimonial email

I sent request for endorsement to my 2 non-upwork clients about 11 days ago. They have a website & a working LinkedIn as well. 

Both of them have not received an email yet. How much time does it take for them to receive an email from Upwork? 

Can anybody help regarding this please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmed,

Once you’ve submitted the Testimonial request, we’ll email your request to your client and let you know when we hear back. If your client is having trouble locating our email, please confirm that they’ve checked their junk/spam folder in case the email ended up there. They may also try whitelisting or allowing emails from Upwork so that their email provider doesn't filter them out. 

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

145 REPLIES 145

Hi Govind,

I checked your active support ticket and it looks like our team has already advised you that the client still hasn't responded to your testimonial request.

If you happen to be still in contact with your clients, please check that you have their correct email address and ask them to check the spam or junk folders of their mailbox and look for the subject title Govind M. has requested a reference’.

If they have checked on this and the emails are not there, please update your support ticket so our team can resend them the testimonial request.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

I have confirmed with my clinets. However, none of them any email so far. Kinldy send them manually so that I can circle back to you in case of reocuurance of issue.

Regards,

Govind 

Hi Team,

My concern is still unresloved. It has been weeks since I raised this. Can somebody attend this ugently.

Regards,

Govind M

Hi Govind,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Please update your support ticket so our team can further assist.

~ AJ
Upwork
jawadimran
Community Member

I have forwarded testimonials to two of my clients. One of them utilizes a business email and has successfully received the request, while the other client, who uses Gmail, has not received the request. Upwork Support has informed me that the inability to send the testimonial request to the specified email address is due to the current status of the associated Upwork account. I would appreciate clarification on what this status entails. Furthermore, it has been two days since the testimonial request was sent to the client who received it. Can you please provide an estimated timeframe for when their approval can be expected?

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jawad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Since you already have a support ticket regarding this issue and are being assisted by one of our agents, please feel free to update the ticket directly so they can assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
keyur1991
Community Member

Before being active on Upwork I worked with client outside upwork platform in the past. I understand the importance of the testimonials on upwork and hence I requested one from the client.  However my client hasn't received the testimonial request email, the client has also checked the spam/junk folders but the email hasn't landed there as well. 

Hi Keyurkumar,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
483d9b5b
Community Member

Hi i have sent the testimonial request to one of my non-upwork client but he did not recieve it , he also checked this junk/spam folder 
please help

Hi Sarim,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents reached out to you to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
3f064b2d
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and have sent out several requests to past clients for testimonials. All of them are legitimate clients who I have worked with. Out of about 3 I sent out, only one seems to have worked and many of my former clients didn't even receive the email. How can I find out what is going on?

Hi Rahul,

I see that you contacted our support team and raised a ticket about your Testimonials concerns. One of the team members has responded and provided instructions to assist you further. Kindly respond with the required information on the email associated with your case so that the team can address your concern.

You may also access the ticket on this page for updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork
da24e3e3
Community Member

I have sent out four testimonial requests through Upwork to my clients, but none of them received the emails. I suggested to the clients to check their spam folders, but the emails weren't there either. Please help me figure out a solution. Thanks!

Tamzid

Hello there. 

I understand this is frustrating, I am sure you asked the clients to check the spam folder as well. 

In my case, I had many testimonials but it never happened to me before. 

But if you have tried 4 times, I believe it's time to reach out to the support. 

Thanks for the information 

Tamzid

Hi Tamzid,

I apologize for the delay in our response to your post. I want to let you know that the team has confirmed that one of our team members has sent you an email, and you can view the ticket here

~ Joanne
Upwork
10fb1b7b
Community Member

Hello,
I am facng the same problem .. From my side it's saying 'waiting for the clients response', but my client said there is no email from Upwork for a  testimonial. I asked him if he could check the junk mails/spams, he assured me that he did. Can you please assist me in that matter..

Thanks!

Hi Kaniz,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

- Pradeep 

Upwork

Hi I have the same issue, client also checked spam/junk folder. I couldnt find where to get support and chatbot couldnt help. Please help

Hi Lukas,

Thank you for reaching out. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
343b898c
Community Member

Hi,
I have initiated a testimonial request from several of my past clients; however, only one has reported receiving an email from Upwork. Despite advising them to review their Junk mail folders, I have had no success. Could you kindly confirm whether Upwork's invitations are manually sent by officials or automated ?

Hi Krishna,

We saw your post in the community and converted it into a support ticket to give it the attention it deserves. Rest assured that one of our agents will be reaching out to you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi

It appears that my previous client has provided a testimonial for my work, as it is currently pending. How long does it typically take for it to be reflected on my Upwork profile?

Many Thanks 

Hi Krishna,

Thank you for your question. Testimonials are reviewed within 10 days from the date the client submits their testimonial.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dff70696
Community Member

The testimonial email system has been tried twice and it has not reached my client. In case he has not received it for any reason, is there a way/method to resend it please? As of now, it is a Catch-22 situation as Upwork is not permitting me to send a Testimonial request to the same email ID.

Sandipani

Hi Sandipani,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members