🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client didn't pay the half milestone
Page options
muhaymin99
Community Member

Client didn't pay the half milestone

I've been working with the client. He divided work in 2 milestone as initial Project and finish project. I've completed the project as he wanted to he paid the first milestone. But when i submit the complete work on final milestone he didn't replied then i've submitted all the files and work but it seems like i got scammed. i've submitted work on saturday and it has been 3 days now. i've sent a lot of messages but he didn't replied

So is there anything upwork community help me with cause it's a first time i've face this issue.

7 REPLIES 7
nwanyiezechukwu
Community Member

I am experiencing the same issues. I'll appreciate help in this area.

Hi Ogechi,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I don't see any active contract on your account. Can you please elaborate on how you're having the same issue as Muhaymin?

~ AJ
Upwork
759e32fa

Hi Muhaymin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It's not that the client did not pay you, but they seem to be unresponsive and we can't know for sure what came up and why they haven't been responding to your messages. I can confirm that the client has funded the milestone, meaning they deposited the amount prior to you submitting your project.

Please know that once you submit your work, your client has 14 days to review and either approve the milestone or ask for changes. If they approve, the funds in escrow will be released to you. If your client takes no action for 14 days, the funds are automatically released to you. You can check this help article for more information.

Also, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client. In some cases, you may also reach out to Upwork to contact the client on your behalf. 

Please note that ending the contract forfeits any funds remaining in escrow. Instead, it is often best to complete your last milestone before you end the contract. In your case, since you already submitted the work for the last milestone, wait for the payment to be released before closing the contract.

~ AJ
Upwork

Okay then i'll wait for 14 days if client didn't respond 😊

prestonhunter
Community Member

Muhaymin M

Do not send messages to the client.

If I had been the freelancer, I would not have sent a single message.

I would have only clicked the Submit button and then waited.

Based on what the Forum moderator said, the client is not doing anything wrong. You just need to be patient.

Clients are not obligated to respond. When a client does nothing, I get paid automatically.

yofazza
Community Member

nvm

nope

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members