cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client doesn't pay after milestone is successfully completed

I completed milestone 3 days ago (I wrote 2 articles) and my client told me that my work was excellent and that he approved the milestone payment. However, I did not get any notification of payment and cannot see the funds added to mu account. Yesterday I decided to send him an official payment request but he still doesn't answer.

What to do next - what is the usual procedure in this case?

4 REPLIES 4
dariolm
Ace Contributor

If the milestone was funded it will be auto released in 14 days since you submit the work. The client can release before that but anyway you will be paid if the milestone is funded.

petra_r
Community Guru

@Drazen V wrote:

I completed milestone 3 days ago (I wrote 2 articles) and my client told me that my work was excellent and that he approved the milestone payment. However, I did not get any notification of payment and cannot see the funds added to mu account. Yesterday I decided to send him an official payment request but he still doesn't answer.

What to do next - what is the usual procedure in this case?

1. Did you request payment via the "submit work and request payment" button on the contract page?
  2. on your Reports page, which tab do the funds show under? 
  3. You know that the client has 14 days to release the milestone, after which it is automatically released, provided you submitted through the "submit work and request payment" function.

1. Yes

2. Reports - Overview - In review

3. Yes, ok

Hi Drazen,

Please note that your client has 14 days to respond to your release request, afterwhich the funds will be automatically released to you if no action is taken on their part. Please check this Help article for more information and review these freelancer resources.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS