🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client doesn't respond and pay.
Page options
d22e7a0b
Community Member

Client doesn't respond and pay.

I have a fixed price contract and finished the work. My client is not responding for more than a month now and he didn't pay me the rest of the work. I cannot reach him in any way, is there any REAL support here except the chatbot?? The page where you can send a request, doesn't work. Even after clearing the cache or using another browser or the mobile.

What I've read so far is, that I can't do anything about it. Probably it is my mistake as a beginner, because I sent the work before he released the new milestone?  My contract says: Waiting for XXX to fund a new milestone.

Anyways, if there is something I could do, please let me know. Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
anna_babicheva
Community Member

Hi Johanna, 

unfortunately, you can't do anything about it. And you don't need support for that. 
Your client did not fund the milestone, received the work and disappeared. That's a learning for you to never send anything before the milestones are in place or simply use a time tracker. 

Sorry this happened to you. 

r2streu
Community Member

Hi, Johanna
Amber is right. Hopefully, the lesson here isn't overly expensive. Either way, I'm sorry it happened. 
Short version is this: Never complete the next stage in your job -- or at LEAST never release it to the client -- without a fully funded milestone in place. Once you do release, submit for payment immediately. 

We've all been there at least once. Unfortunately, Upwork can only protect you if you use the system the way it's designed, which means Funded Milestone-->completed work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members