🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client end contract failed to release second ...
Page options
9f395534
Community Member

Client end contract failed to release second milestone to me as agreed please help me.

Hello, 

I need help on how to get paid my balance of the completed illustration sample.

I was hired by the client after I submitted my proposal.

She ask me when would I deliver, and I said between 1 - 3 days but, I try my best to speed up to impress her by delivering within a 1 - 24 hours window, she never said anything about stopping the project within these hours am working on her illustration samples, but my surprise is that she immediately approved the first milestone and ended the contract after I have completed and submitted the job successfully and give me half payment and an excuse that the job was canceled, that is unfair to me, an already completed job.

I need help on how to get my balance since I was not told to stop working till I submitted the final work.

These are the type of clients that discourage freelancers' efforts...

Please help me out!

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It sounds like you worked on a task which was NOT funded in escrow.

You made a mistake. This is your fault.

The client has not broken any Upwork rules.

This matter is now over.

Next time:  Don't work on unfunded milestones.

Thanks, for your input Prestone H, is it wrong for me to break milestones into two as I did on this project using the below;

A down payment is required to start work.

Once the final work is submitted to mark the end of the contract, the remaining is payable.

immediately after I submitted work for payment she approved the milestone and end the contract, claiming it was canceled Don't you think this is not right?

Since she did not reach out to me to stop working, to me it sounds like this client scammed me.

A down payment isn't required. Milestone prefund required. Be sure you have submitted only prefunded part of works.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members