🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client fails to set a milestone after work is...
Page options
kostovska-nikita
Community Member

Client fails to set a milestone after work is delivered

Hi,

I know it's my mistake to let a client get the work delivered before setting a milestone but the client's account was suspended for a week and now it's active but she says she is waiting for funds to be transferred and then she will pay me. I always deliver everything she wants promptly and fast but it takes forever for her to review stuff and thus delays with payment. I'm really frustrated.

I keep asking her what's the hold-up, she says that she is waiting for her business partner to transfer the funds.

It's been 7 days since her account was active again. Is there a way to force her to pay me and is she lying to me about waiting for the money to be transferred?

The last action she took in the contract was ordering a milestone but it's not active I can't request payment. 

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Nikita:

Don't work on unfunded milestones.

A client is never required to create a new milestone.

You used the Upwork platform incorrectly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sullivanliz
Community Member

If there is no active milestone, you can't request payment. Unfortunately, you're at the mercy of the client here - hopefully she'll activate the milestone and pay you, but there's no guarantee. I would suggest not sending her any more reminders, at least for a while. She knows you're waiting and if she's intending to pay up, she will. If she's not intending to pay you, all the reminders in the world won't make her.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Nikita:

Don't work on unfunded milestones.

A client is never required to create a new milestone.

You used the Upwork platform incorrectly.

A lesson learned i guess.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members