🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking for CV and my educational Ce...
Page options
umairmughal77
Community Member

Client is asking for CV and my educational Certificate.

A client is asking for my educational certificates and CV. Is it safe or not?

He is new to upwork, he has no history.

Once he asked me about to attempt exam, I refused him. after it he say ok, kindly share your CV and educational certificate. What to do?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Umair S wrote:

Once he asked me about to attempt exam,

What do you mean "to attempt exam"? To take an exam for them? That would be academic fraud and forbidden on Upwork.

Umair S wrote:

after it he say ok, kindly share your CV and educational certificate. What to do?

I personally wouldn't be speaking with that client anymore, and certainly not be sending any certificates. The client's next job post will likely be "Photoshop expert needed"

Yes, he asked to take the exam for them, I reused him by saying that its a fraud. after it, he just demands my certificates. the title of the job is expert academic writer. Now what to do, 

Umair S wrote:

Yes, he asked to take the exam for them, I reused him by saying that its a fraud. after it, he just demands my certificates. the title of the job is expert academic writer. Now what to do, 

Report him for attempted academic fraud (use the "flag as inappropriate link" at the top-right corner of the job post), then block him so that he can't send you any further messages.

Umair S wrote:

Yes, he asked to take the exam for them, I reused him by saying that its a fraud.

I am glad you learned that lesson last time.

Umair S wrote:

after it, he just demands my certificates. the title of the job is expert academic writer. Now what to do, 

You just say "No", withdraw your proposal and block them, of course, and simply flag it as inappropriate.

Hi Umair,

Requesting the creation of content that violates academic integrity and academic policies of any educational institution are prohibited on Upwork. For more information please refer to article 4.1. Prohibited Site Uses of Upwork TOS. 

If you do see this kind of job posts, or if a client offers you a job that you suspect is a case of academic integrity, please report it using the flagging option found on every job post so that our team can review and take appropriate actions.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members