🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is not approving my milestone, not...
Page options
avirockx007
Community Member

Client is not approving my milestone, not even replying to my messages, keeping it DELAYED.

Hey Team,

It has been 9 days since the client is not approving my milestone. I am being professional & I have asked him to approve the milestone after 7 days if there is no issue with the work submitted in the first milestone. Now he isn't replying to my messages. The project is based on two milestones " First Internal Review and Second Final Review is in Feb 2021. I think by asking again and again he could manipulate my JSS by negative feedback at the end of the contract. Although the work is accurate as I have done it according to his advice. But now I am getting curious due to his delay tacts. I am playing professional & don't want to get negative feedback on my profile as well.

A guide by you people may give me a better place to stand. 
Thanks

Awais N.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Awais N wrote:

With all due respect by your words, does it means a client has all the privileges, he can ask for the work he wants, it's up to his will that should he reply to freelancers messages or not?

That has nothing to do wit privileges. It is a simple fact that clients have 14 days and pushing clients to approve milestones is neither professional nor necessary.

Awais N wrote:. I am just worried about my JSS because I don't want him to give negative feedback to manipulate it.

Then don't hassle the client. Why do you think the client would give poor feedback and what does that have to do with releasing the milestone?

You don't yet have a JSS and after your first job didn't go so well, your future JSS will likely be low anyway.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Awais:

Fortunately for you, you are wrong about all this.

Clients DO NOT need to respond to freelancers.

Clients do not need to reply to messages.

Clients do not need to approve milestones.

If the client does NOTHING, then all of the money in escrow is released to me AUTOMATICALLY after I click the Submit Work button.

You said you clicked "Submit Work and Request Payment" 9 days ago?

Just wait 5 more days and the money will be released to you.

Preston,

With all due respect by your words, does it means a client has all the privileges, he can ask for the work he wants, it's up to his will that should he reply to freelancers messages or not? There is nothing for the freelancer side in this regard? I am not worrying about the work submitted I know that it will be approved after 14 days automatically. I am just worried about my JSS because I don't want him to give negative feedback to manipulate it. I can compromise on my earnings but not on my JSS. Nowadays as we all know a client looks at the freelancer's JSS just to calculate his ability before hiring. This is my basic issue which I am worried about.

By the way thanks for your honest reply.

Awais N.

Awais N wrote:

With all due respect by your words, does it means a client has all the privileges, he can ask for the work he wants, it's up to his will that should he reply to freelancers messages or not?

That has nothing to do wit privileges. It is a simple fact that clients have 14 days and pushing clients to approve milestones is neither professional nor necessary.

Awais N wrote:. I am just worried about my JSS because I don't want him to give negative feedback to manipulate it.

Then don't hassle the client. Why do you think the client would give poor feedback and what does that have to do with releasing the milestone?

You don't yet have a JSS and after your first job didn't go so well, your future JSS will likely be low anyway.

JoanneP

Hi Awais,

Your client has 14 days to review the work you submitted and request changes. If the client doesn't do anything, If you do not take action, that is considered approval and funds will be automatically released to you. For more information about getting paid for fixed-price contracts, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
crazymooni
Community Member

Hi,

It has been two months since I completed the work. The client has requested about 7 revisions that weren't a part of the contract. But I worked on the revisions and resubmitted the work. So, now the work is complete but he requests the revisions for no reason to stop the auto-approval of payment. He requested the last revision on the 13th day of submission and the latter on the 11th day. I mean what is wrong with him. Is this a professional way of doing work?
Now he isn't replying but I'm sure he will request the revision again for no reason.

Regards
Taimoor,

Hi Taimoor,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If a client refuses to release funds or requests an escrow refund for a milestone that you’ve completed, you can file an escrow dispute. The disputed funds will remain in escrow until a resolution is reached. To learn more about the escrow dispute process, click here. You can find more information in this help article

Additionally, it is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members