🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client not responding
Page options
aleetamoor
Community Member

Client not responding

Hi everyone, I got a contract on upwork.He needed some customized item from china. I found items as per his requirements after alot of efforts. Now stage was of sampling etc. But he suddently stopped responding me since last one month. Even the post shows client last active was many days ago even more than one month.

We agreed for fixed payment of 150usd but he put only 10 in escrow at that time. (I didnt actually know much about it, but I trusted him that before final submission ill ask him to pay 150)

What should be done now he isnt responding at all. I have already submitted for payment as 150 but in escrow its only 10.

I dont want my jss to be affected also. 

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

Clients are not obligated to respond to freelancers.

I get paid AUTOMATICALLY whether or not the clients responds.

Ali: You used the fixed-price contract incorrectly.

$10 is in essentially.

You we're supposed to do $10 worth of work.

Not $150.

You can get paid $10.

Because that is how much money is in escrow.

That is the only amount that matters.

Yes I understand it that the amount in escrow is the total amount we should consider for working. Can a dispute be opened what can be circumstances for winning or lossing it on jss?. I dont know why client is unreponsive as everything was going well. 

The job will only affect your JSS if the client leaves a bad review. The problem of payment can't in itself affect your JSS. There is no use disputing the matter, because there was only $10 in escrow. All you can do is leave it and move on. Make sure the full payment is in escrow before you do any job.

Yes sure. Ill take care of this thing next time. Thanks for guidance

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members