cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client recieve the job and did not pay (fixed-price contarct)

maryemch
Ace Contributor

Hi everyone,

two months ago, I submited a job for a new client, he told me to make some little changes, then I send him the file, he was satisfied, after the job is done, he did not pay, he did not answer to my messages, after two days i recieve a notification that the contract is suspendend due to client account issue, now he is always offline, I'm not in need of his $12 but now I recieve this email from upwork, I did not understand the sentence in red, that means that i will give back $12 even if the payment has not been made ???

Can anyone please explain this for me? thanks in advance

"We recently contacted your client, **Edited for Community Guidelines** about pizza shop emails, which has been idle for over 76 days. Per the escrow instructions for fixed-price contracts and for your security, we notified your client that they need to take action on this contract in order for it to remain open. If no new milestone updates, payments or refunds are made in the next 2 weeks, this contract will be closed on Upwork. If the contract is closed, you will receive a refund request for $12.00 (the funds still in escrow). You will have 7 days to dispute this request.

If you feel this contract should remain open, please contact your client. Should the contract be closed due to inactivity, your client will still be notified in product of the option to leave feedback."

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Guru

That means that there are $ 12 in Escrow, and you should go to the contract and click on "Submit work / Request Payment" or "Resubmit" - and the funds should be released to you in 14 days.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
petra_r
Community Guru

That means that there are $ 12 in Escrow, and you should go to the contract and click on "Submit work / Request Payment" or "Resubmit" - and the funds should be released to you in 14 days.

View solution in original post

Thank you Petra,

I have just resubmited the work. hope that helps to end this problem;

now I'm not looking for being paid but just a way to close the contract and that not affect my job success.

I accepted the contarct, I submited before deadline, the client was satisfied, then did not pay he got the work for free and after that they told me to pay $12 hhhh !!!!

Have a good day/night

I submitted 2 reports 10 days ago but my client still ignoring me to pay. we was agreed that he will pay me in 7 days. also i already requested to him to approve my payment, but still he did not. can upwork help me to get this payment? he will give me 80$ +

• Do you have a contract?
  • Is the full $ 80 funded?
  • Did you use the "Submit work and request payment" function to request the money?

If the answer to all the above is "Yes" you get paid 14 days after you last clicked on "Submit work and request payment" 

Payment.jpg

Awesome work Petra. You’re the best Woman Happy

Hi Uzzal, 

I checked your account and can see that $5.00 has been funded for the first milestone of this project. As illustrated on Petra's diagram above, if the milestone is funded, and you have submitted work, the payment will automatically go to your account after 14-days if the client does not ask for any revisions on your work output. I would suggest that you refrain from resubmitting work especially if you did not ammend anything on the work output, since this resets the 14-day countdown. 

Before you start working, please make sure that the milestones are appropriately funded according to the agreement so that you are paid for what you have worked for. Upwork can't help you collect any funds that have been promised but not deposited to escrow. Therefore, it's important that the amount held in escrow is appropriate for the work you will perform for that milestone.

~ Avery
Upwork

@Uzzal B wrote:

can upwork help me to get this payment? 

he will give me 80$ +

1.  No. The funded $ 5 will be released after 14 days. Nobody can help you get the remaining $ 75
  2. I doubt it. He funded $ 5.....
juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru

It looks like your client was (or is) genuine, Maryem.  Obviously, the milestone he created for you was funded.  It seems that you have an option to communicate with your client.  

As regards the staement in red font -- it means that if the contract will be closed, you will have to refund the client an amount of $12.00.  And if you choose not to do so, a dispute must be initiated by you.  Your approval is needed for $12.00 to go back to your client's account.  Usually, dispute processes are bloody.

So, would you rather have a bloody battle or communicate with your client, Maryem?

Thanks Juvy Ann for you response,

I usually push the "Resubmit" button, Maryem.  But then, my clients have verified payment methods.  There was a time in the past when I took a risk with a client who, apparently, did not have a verified payment method.  But I started working on the contract only when the job appeared on my Team App and after receiving a notification (from Upwork) via email that it was safe to proceed.  Oh, and one more thing --- I haven't tasted the fixed-price-unverified-payment combo yet.

Question for people in the know, is that what you see when the client funds with an unverified payment method? It looks like maybe the card wasn't verified so the funds didn't auto release?

@Jennifer M wrote:

Question for people in the know, is that what you see when the client funds with an unverified payment method? It looks like maybe the card wasn't verified so the funds didn't auto release?

Most likely the failed auto release mechanism was a consequence of the account problem attributed to the client.

@Jennifer M wrote:

The way I read it she originally submitted and the client requested changes.
Then she sent the changes but did not resumit until now.
The funds in Escrow should be OK provided they weren't any issues with the payment method. She'd have been warned had the card not been verfied at the time of accepting the contract.

you are right, i submitted the work, client asked for changes . I sent him the file with changes in the discution but i did not click on resubmit button.

the payement method of the client when I submited the work was 'Verified'

1 or 2 days after submittion I recieve a notification that the contract is suspended and also the client payement method become "Unverified"

when I enter to client profile I found that he has 2 ather open contracts until now

the only paid contract that is paid is the hourly one because of upwork protection maybe

client reviews = 0

@Maryem C wrote:

you are right, i submitted the work, client asked for changes . I sent him the file with changes in the discution but i did not click on resubmit button.

the payement method of the client when I submited the work was 'Verified'

1 or 2 days after submittion I recieve a notification that the contract is suspended and also the client payement method become "Unverified"

when I enter to client profile I found that he has 2 ather open contracts until now

the only paid contract that is paid is the hourly one because of upwork protection maybe

client reviews = 0

Hello, Maryem-

I have faced this issue in the past. I submitted the work, the client asked for changes in Keyword density. I sent him the files with changes in the "Upwork chat room" but I did not click on resubmit button in "My Jobs option"

Petra is right you should use "resubmit work" option right away.  The funds are already in escrow so you will surely get them after 14 days.

Thanks Maryam 🙂 yes you are right

I cant thank Petra enough, before resubmiting the $12 were in "work in progress" section now after resumbission they are "In Review", I'll wait for 14 days then tell you what happened 🙂

Thank you all 🙂

@Maryem C wrote:

Thanks Maryam 🙂 yes you are right

I cant thank Petra enough, before resubmiting the $12 were in "work in progress" section now after resumbission they are "In Review", I'll wait for 14 days then tell you what happened 🙂

Thank you all 🙂

You are welcome! glad I could contribute.

Please let us know after 14 days Smiley Happy

Of course I'll tell you,  thankyou Maryam 🙂

Hi Maryam, I'm back to tell you what happened 🙂

after 14 day money were in pending section then after an other week they are available to withdraw.

I closed the contract finally

that's it

Have a good day 🙂

Also, if your client is suspended, the contract will not count against your job success Score. Once you have the money, just close the contract 🙂

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS