cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client released payment on 07/15. Payment approved after "security hold" on 07/21.

constance-jones
Constance J Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
21 of 24

I am in the US.

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 24

@Constance J wrote:

I have done loans, mortgages, transfers, -- it is all done electronically and instantly. Literally, the money appears spontaniously in the account a nano second after the deposit is initiated. Your protestations are falling on deaf ears becuase I have done this before, and never seen such eggregious delays. You guys are sitting on funds. Period.

Stop defending it. This isn't the world of fax machines and telegraph. Any delays in the system are programmed into it so UpWork can benefit from it. Which is FINE, as long as they disclose it. Which they have not adequately done, to my mind.

Since I've been freelancing for nearly thirty years and also had a number of remote employees and contractors, I have both received and initiated thousands of electronic transfers, using a wide variety of platforms and banking systems. NEVER has one appeared on the same day it was initiated. Within the U.S., the timeline varies between one and three days. 

The fact that your experience is so limited and that you choose not to listen is meaningless to everyone but you. You can rant, make weird accusations, have your head spin around 360 degrees and spit green juice or whatever you like, but the process will still be what it is and you won't get your money any faster.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
23 of 24

Hi Constance,

I understand the confusion but can assure you that your withdrawal was processed on our end once you received a confirmation email, and the type of transaction you chose does require up to four working days to be processed.

I'd like to clarify while Lanie and I are Community moderators, Tiffany and Petra are experienced freelancers and respected Community members, with a in-depth knowledge about the inner workings of our platform and are selflessly sharing valuable advice with users such as yourself on a daily basis. This is why I believe it would be more beneficial to use the information they are sharing as a resource. Please feel free to follow up if you have any questions and we'll be happy to advise on them.

Untitled
tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
24 of 24

Constance, I have no relationship with Upwork except as a freelancer and a client. Please don't hold my views or statements against them. I'm sure you're not paranoid enough to believe that Upwork is paying my $85/hour rate to have me defend them in the forums. I've just had a long, positive experience with the platform and understand how it works.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS