🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client used my work as a freelancer himself?
Page options
b9ec5574
Community Member

Client used my work as a freelancer himself?

Hi there

I came across a client's name for whom I recently completed a task. His name came up under another job offer in the reviews, as freelancer this time. In this review, he was given a 5-star rating for a job that looks suspiciously like the one I just completed with him.  I'm just checking, surely this isn't ok and goes against TOS? I got paid, so that's perfect, no complaints there, and I guess I'm not the first one who's been "used" in this way. However, his freelancer profile states that he's a translator and proofreader for a host of different languages (almost too good to be true that he's got so many languages ...).

Absolutely unethical to use another freelancer's work and pass it off as one's own. Of course, I have no way to prove that that's what he's done. 

5 REPLIES 5
yofazza
Community Member

Theoretically, outsourcing is only allowed with the client's consent.

But farmers are probably among the least of the concerns on this site.

b9ec5574
Community Member

Thanks Radia. I don't like the analogy that I was farmed, moooo. But hey, at least I got a good review! I won't work with him in future. But is this supposed to be flagged? 

There is no ethics here, upwork is not interested in this. You got the money, they got their money. Got twice: from you and from farmer. Maybe more if job resold many times. That's all.

lesson learnt 👍

yofazza
Community Member

Yes it's supposed to be against the rules if without the client's consent, but as Mykola said...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members