🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants my email to give access to Surfe...
Page options
fcaf4d95
Community Member

Client wants my email to give access to Surfer and Google sheets

Hi Moderators,

My client wants to give me access to Surfer and Google sheets. For this purpose, he wants my email. My queries are:

How can I share my email to access Surfer and Google sheets safely without getting blocked or suspended by Upwork? 

Is it okay to share my email solely to access Surfer and Google sheets? (I know personal contact sharing is against policies that's why I'm making sure this access won't effect my Profile in any way).

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If the sharing of email ID is entirely for the purpose of accessing files you can share your email ID even if there is no contract in place. But please do not communicate by email if you do not have an active contract. Once there is an active contract you can use email for communication as well! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pudingstudio
Community Member

Rida Fatima Z wrote:

Hi Moderators,

My client wants to give me access to Surfer and Google sheets. For this purpose, he wants my email. My queries are:

How can I share my email to access Surfer and Google sheets safely without getting blocked or suspended by Upwork? 

Is it okay to share my email solely to access Surfer and Google sheets? (I know personal contact sharing is against policies that's why I'm making sure this access won't effect my Profile in any way).

Thank you

Do you have contract in place or is it interview stage?

You can share you e-mail with your client. If you have contract with them, that is.

Yes, I have a contract now. thank you for helping me out.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

If the sharing of email ID is entirely for the purpose of accessing files you can share your email ID even if there is no contract in place. But please do not communicate by email if you do not have an active contract. Once there is an active contract you can use email for communication as well! 

Thank you so much. It was very helpful.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members