🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client wants refund
Page options
shaharyar-afzal
Community Member

Client wants refund

Hello,
I have been working with a client for more than three months on a project which can be completed in one or two weeks because my client is a middle man and need to approve things from his real client. He told me that due to COVID, we are facing a delay in this project, which I understood and made many revisions to complete this project. After completing everything, he just asked for a refund. Amount in in escrow and $150. The client was happy with my work and all of our conversations are available in Upwork. I have worked a lot on this project and I don't want to make a refund. My question here is if I file a dispute, does it affect my profile? Because he is not responding to my messages now and will surely leave bad feedback. 

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Shaharyar A wrote:

My question here is if I file a dispute, does it affect my profile? Because he is not responding to my messages now and will surely leave bad feedback. 

Feedback has already been left, as the client ended the contract. So that ship has sailed.

A dispute won't do any further harm to your JSS than that already done (or not, as the case may be) when the client left feedback when they closed the contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members