🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client was able to change feedback although i...
Page options
hausplus
Community Member

Client was able to change feedback although i didn't request any.

Hello all, recently i've finished a project catalog fixed price job. After the client finished the contract, i was suppose to share feedback to see client feedback as it always is.  I did that, i shared my feedback and saw that the client didn't left any feedback, but myne was showing.
But to my surprise, the client changed his feedback after about two hours from when i shared my feedback.
Now my question is, i didn't request any feedback change. How was the client able to do that. This is suppose to be "blindfolded" right? Client and myself see each other feedback after submitting it. Without any request, how did the client changed it?

Although the changed review was great with 5 star. But i didn't request any. I want to know if the rules have changed for clients to change feedback after seeing our freelances feedback or this is some sort of rare glitch. Because that would be a disaster. Just want to know how did this happened.

Regards,
Hasib

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bbdebb52
Community Member

A client is unable to change their feedback unless you request it. Freelancers on the other hand, cannot change their feedback once it's submitted and it's final. However, sometimes, the system sends confusing messages. This also happened to me. For example, the message you received regarding the client changing their feedback was about the client leaving you feedback, not revising it. Anyway, congrats on the 5-star feedback, and keep up the good work!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
spectralua
Community Member

Changed or set? Maybe it was delay a while feedback was shown for you. As i know client unable to change it without request. Freelancer as well.

Screenshot 2024-05-14 200110.png
Changed.. see the attachment. I received this notification.

Same notification when set. Upwork have many crazy things where text not fit real action done.

I just hope the blindfold rule stays.

sofia2008
Community Member

The rules for the feedback are the same. Upwork needs to find the proper wording to say that the client simply left a feedback. Changing the feedback implies that there was already a feedback, but this is not the case.

bbdebb52
Community Member

A client is unable to change their feedback unless you request it. Freelancers on the other hand, cannot change their feedback once it's submitted and it's final. However, sometimes, the system sends confusing messages. This also happened to me. For example, the message you received regarding the client changing their feedback was about the client leaving you feedback, not revising it. Anyway, congrats on the 5-star feedback, and keep up the good work!

hausplus
Community Member

Thanks everyone.

Hi Hasib, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your experience. I assure you that I will share your feedback with our team for further review and consideration. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lucioric
Community Member

Me too, the client ended a contract, asking me to do a partial refund by Messages. I answered yes, but at that time, there were network issues, and I don't know if the client could see my response, or not, but I GOT ALSO AN EMAIL saying that the client changed the feedback. Then, Upwork is conscious that feedback can be changed, but the Upwork help says another thing, that the client can change feedback only if the freelancer allows them to do so. Then, in which other cases the client can change the feedback?

Hi, I recently got a contract as a developer with someone who seems to be a designer but not a developer. He told me, you need to stretch the logo, then resize it, etc. but he thought that it was as easy for me to implement that than for me to implement it. Finally, the contract was closed because I didn't understand well the requirements, yes, but when I reached this point I was unwilling to waatch again the videos, as he had the hard wood to say, saying that the work was not as he wanted. That seems that for some designers, you are ok to be with a $100 milestone although the effort it takes to do the things. If you don't match just what they want, no matter the time you 'waste' correcting small issues, they don't want to recognize your effort. Which such kind of clients, freelancers are heading to misery.

You guessed that, the two comments are about the same contract, but I did not provide any clue that connect one message with the other... how did you get that both posts are about the same contract? perhaps because a post was published by me 15 minutes after I published the other?. Is there any user-wise post surveillance here?.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members