🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client was charged a specific amount with...
Page options
donna_ramat
Community Member

Client was charged a specific amount without any rendered work.

Hi , 

I need assisatnce from anyone who can check on this issue. 

I was a hired by a client last June 22, 2020.  I was only able  render 1 hr and 30( Week June 22 - 28) minutes of work then the client's upwork acct got suspended. 

He was able to reinstate his acct but decided to put pause our contract and decided to end it last July 1. 

I am trying to keep in touch with the client and build good freelancer-client relationship as he is planning to create another contract for me once he gets to settle things on his acct and he wishes me to continue working for him on another project. 

But this morning, the client messaged me, dissapointed that he was charged with a specific amount with no any rendered work. 

So i  checked my balance and it shows in the pending funds that client was charged a specific amount for week June 29 - July 5. where no any work was done. 

So i had to refund him the charged amount and asked an apology for any inconvenience that it caused him. 

How could this even happen. How is this possible. 

This will not just have an effect on my upwork account performance rate, this will also ruin my name that I am trying to build in this business. 

I hope anyone from the support team can explain and assist me on this issue. ASAP

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Donna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members