cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients don't respond after first few milestones

Highlighted
Ijlal M Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
1 of 10
I have almost done 6-7 jobs by now and I don't know what's wrong. The client goes dead after first or second milestone. They all have liked my work and were happy to pay for the work done. But is this a normal thing here?
They've used words like well done, very impressive, but I don't know what happens after that. I write mostly articles and reviews.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 10

@Ijlal M wrote:
I have almost done 6-7 jobs by now and I don't know what's wrong. The client goes dead after first or second milestone.

To be brutally honest that's probably what happens when they had your work proof-read.....

Highlighted
3 of 10
but they never come back. why does that happen
Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 10

@Ijlal M wrote:
but they never come back. why does that happen

How honest an answer can you handle?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
5 of 10
Are they new clients? I've found that new clients have a higher likelihood of disappearing.
Highlighted
6 of 10
fully absolutely honest
Highlighted
Community Guru
7 of 10

@Ijlal M wrote:
fully absolutely honest

I'm sorry, Ijlal, but your English is not up to writing English content. I had a read through your only portfolio item and it is very simple English, and still littered with mistakes. Even what is grammatically basically bearable is marred by mistakes, even really simple words, sentence structures, and phrases.

Your English isn't anywhere near "native/bi-lingual"

Maybe you should try and market your technical skills, but in my honest opinion you absolutely should not attempt to write for an English speaking audience for money.

You seem like a nice, genuine guy. Your English is fine for someone who does not speak English all that well, for general communication purposes.

To write professionally for payment, not so much.

Sorry.

Highlighted
8 of 10
not new. i don't apply to unverified clients.
sorry for the irrelevant response previously
Highlighted
9 of 10
but nobody responded to my work before like you have. which portfolio item are you talking about
Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 10

Hi All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread and it has been closed for further replies. Please, make sure you treat other members of the Community with respect and courtesy.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS