cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients never hire anyone

khachatryanashot

I am new in Upwork and the first thing I don't like here is that clients basically post a job and don't hire anyone. I have for about 30 submitted proposals and for about 10 active proposals and these numbers are not changing for a month. I am not complaining that I don't get a job but I am complaining that all the freelancers spend their "connects", spend a lot of efforts to write cover letter, spend their time to prepare some demos to apply the job and the client doesn't even need the job to be done.

I have impression that more clients here posting jobs to collect thoughts and suggestions. For my interest I searched and find that there are a lot of jobs that had been posted a year ago.

I know that there is "Hire Rate" value for clients but I think other mechanisms are needed to prevent job postings be present such a long time.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable
This widget could not be displayed.

@Ashot K wrote:

I am new in Upwork and the first thing I don't like here is that clients basically post a job and don't hire anyone. I have for about 30 submitted proposals and for about 10 active proposals and these numbers are not changing for a month. I am not complaining that I don't get a job but I am complaining that all the freelancers spend their "connects", spend a lot of efforts to write cover letter, spend their time to prepare some demos to apply the job and the client doesn't even need the job to be done.

I have impression that more clients here posting jobs to collect thoughts and suggestions. For my interest I searched and find that there are a lot of jobs that had been posted a year ago.

I know that there is "Hire Rate" value for clients but I think other mechanisms are needed to prevent job postings be present such a long time.

Look at the client's job history at first. If the client has a long history with many job offers and no hires, stay away. This client is probably only interested in personal data, free work or hiring off the platform. 

yitwail
Community Guru

@Ashot K wrote:

I searched and find that there are a lot of jobs that had been posted a year ago.

Ashot, you make good points but it doesn't matter how long a job is listed if you don't apply for it. So the trick is as much as possible only apply for jobs posted by clients with a good hire rate. It would be wonderful if Upwork restored your connects if you withdraw your proposal. I suggested that myself in another topic, and I've received many kudos for it, but I am not waiting for this to happen. You have an impressive profile and you get extra connects for being a rising talent, I think, so be more selective when applying.