🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Closed and opened new account with new email
Page options
bdb3f527
Community Member

Closed and opened new account with new email

Hi there! when I was searching for jobs with old account  i saw soo many jobs that are irrelevant to my skills even after updating my profile. I am skilled in data analysis but the feed showed SEO based jobs so i deleted and created new account with the email **Edited for Community Guidelines**. now i'm not sure if deleting and  opening new is illegal or not. If illegal then please close my acount with **Edited for Community Guidelines**. i want to know if it's legal. And I want to use my new account as I have added my tax info here.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Rafsan,

If you have already closed your old account, then you may keep this account moving forward. Please be reminded only to keep one account. Having a duplicate account is not allowed.

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

Isn't legal. Only one account allowed.

ArjayM

Hi Rafsan,

Mykola's correct! Upwork users can only have one account, and having several violates the platform's TOS. However, I was able to share your concern with our support team for review and raised a ticket. One of the members will provide an update with more information and further assistance on your ticket here once your case is thoroughly reviewed. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
bdb3f527
Community Member

Thank you for understanding the issue. I got a reply but seems like the support agent didn't understand my issue. please see the attatched screenshot. My issue is not with deleting saved jobs. I don't want to use 2 accounts. I want only one. either the old one or the new one  I mean this one. I have added my TIN info in this account. So I want to use this account

**Edited for community guidelines**

bdb3f527
Community Member

You see I had deleted the old account. can I keep using this new account? 

Hi Rafsan,

If you have already closed your old account, then you may keep this account moving forward. Please be reminded only to keep one account. Having a duplicate account is not allowed.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi there! In my old upwork account the jobs feed was showing irrelavant jobs even after updating skills and category. So I deleted that account and created new account I mean this account. I want to know if it's illegal. I don't wish to use the old account. I want to mention that old account had no reviews. I want to use this account because I have added my TIN here. Is there any problem if I kedep using this account? I am gonna use only this account. Not both. I want to if verification is required. I'm ready to do a verification if needed

No freelancer may create two different accounts on Upwork.

A freelancer uses ONE login username and ONE password to log into Upwork.

However: It IS possible to have "specialized profiles" on Upwork, within the SAME account.

For example, a freelancer may have one specialized profile for their work as a writer, and another one for their work as a graphic designer.

Furthermore, a freelancer may have one or more "company accounts" within their Upwork account. These are separate "profiles" or "aspects" of their single Upwork login account which they use to act as CLIENTS, in order to post jobs, hire and pay people on Upwork.

re: "So can my brother make an account at UpWork? We have just one internet connection and 2 laptops"

Your brother may indeed create an account on Upwork. That has nothing to do with you. It does not matter that you both share the same internet connection.

re: "Will it affect my profile?"

No.

As long as your brother is really a different person and not an "imaginary" brother, then it is fine for him to create an Upwork account. Keep in mind that Upwork has ways to figure out if a single individual is trying to create multiple or fake accounts.

re: "Is it legal as per TOS of UpWork?"

We don't want to use the word "legal" here, because Upwork is not a governmental body. We can say that it is "allowed." It is NOT against Upwork ToS.

re: "my brother wants to create his account with his name"

That is fine.

re: "Can he do this on the same internet connection which I am using to run my profile?"

Yes, that is certainly fine

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members