🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Communication With Clients
Page options
mattyturn95
Community Member

Communication With Clients

Hi all,

Am I able to send a google meets link to a client before a contract is initiated? ( The link would be sent via the Upwork Chat )

I always keep all communication within the Upwork chat before a contract or job has started.

I really do not like Zoom, and Zoom is the only option to use within the Upwork App.

Zoom tends to be very resource reliant and compared to Google Meets which is completely broweser based and has no lag time at all.

Do I have to use the Zoom Feature? Or can I use my Google Meets subscription instead.

Thanks,

Let me know

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

No, it is rules violation.

After contract started feel free to use anything you want.

But what is the difference? 

They are both video calls.

Unless Upwork is listening in on the Zoom meeting?

If that is then the case I am not happy with that.

Upwork able to listen integrated Zoom (only integrated allowed, not standalone) and read messages as well. So them able to catch you if you will agree outside payment or cheat Upwork in other way. But unable to intercept Meets, Skype, etc. I hope it is more clear now.

Thank you.

SO for the first meeting it has to be via the integrated zoom yes?

After the contract has been initiated I can then move to Google meets?

Thanks

not the just first meeting. Every communication until the contract is initiated must be through Upwork (integrated Zoom or chat). 
But yes, once the contract is initiated you can communicate however you wish. I have one client that posts my milestones on Upwork but the work itself is sent through a co-working app. 

Thanks Randy!

Appreciate the feedback.

I made use of the integrated Zoom call yesterday and the contract has since been initiated.

I can now feel free to make use of Google Meets and Slack for further communication.

Cheers & Happy New Years

Matt

2479286c
Community Member

Hi Matthew T, 
I need some assitance, i am new to upwork and I have not been able to get any job, I have been sending proposal and it's still not working for me rightly, someone should please help.

Here is my project url: https://www.upwork.com/services/product/development-it-telegram-bot-with-python-1727848372843249664?...

Help me to review and tell me what I should improve.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members