🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Contract Ended
Page options
e5b03835
Community Member

Contract Ended

Dear Upwork Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm facing an issue with the automatic closure of a client contract after completing two milestones. I am in ongoing communication with the client and plan to start the final milestone tomorrow. Could you please assist in reopening the contract promptly?

please see the attached screenshot 

1 REPLY 1
LuiggiR

Hi Mehtab,

This happened because your contract with the client was inactive for 90 days, with money still in escrow. Note that before a contract is closed, we notify both clients and freelancers 2 weeks prior to this closure. Clients were provided with opt-out links in their email, and freelancers were encouraged to contact their client to kick off new activity on the contract if they wished to keep it open. Also, note that messaging alone with a client does not constitute activity. We consider contracts that have logged one of the following actions as active: payments, bonuses, or milestone updates.

In this case, you can propose a new contract to the client for the portion of the work that's yet to be delivered. You may visit this article for some additional information on inactive contracts. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members