🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Complaint
Page options
tedstudio
Community Member

Complaint

I was contacted to do work for a girl,**Edited for Community Guidelines**. he hired me and immediately took the conversation off 'upwork', she would send me visuals of previous work where she wanted to use elements by these were just low resolution jpegs and when I asked her for the oringal artwork she dint have it, this made me realise that she had hired people before, got them to design for them and just walked away. I had spend double the hours for what she was paying me with all the amends she made but I new I would just have to take a hit on the extra hours. She then paused the project saying she was waiting on new photography. I recently messaged her on upwork and the also left a message on her mobile (this is how she wanted to communicate), she responded on upwork saying she never started the project and to stop calling her (which I did once). I feel since she has done this at least 3 times that she should not be permitted to take advantage of freelancers in this way.

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Were you actually hired and had an actual Upwork contract?

We didn’t have a legal contract but here is conversation on WhatsApp and email, there is much more. You can see she agreed by email to proceed..
Thanks

Tanya E wrote:
We didn’t have a legal contract but here is conversation on WhatsApp and email, there is much more. You can see she agreed by email to proceed..

Then you not only violated Upwork's terms of service which say that you must not communicate with a client outside Upwork until you have been properly hired, you also have absolutely no recourse.

In future, stick to the rules (which are partly in place to protect you from just such things and stop you from getting your account banned) and don't do any work until you see a contract.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members