🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Completed work but not getting paid
Page options
46aaa7ed
Community Member

Completed work but not getting paid

I completed all milestones on a contract in early September.  I sent a message to followup within a week of completing everything.  Then at the end of September I sent a request for payment on the milestones.  I was paid $6.00 of the $61.00 that I was supposed to receive.   I sent messages again today and requested he remit payment immediately.  Can someone please help me?

7 REPLIES 7
601fe47d
Community Member

What country are the 'payers' from?  

United States

elisa_b
Community Member

It doesn't really matter. Scammers use fake locations all the time.

ArjayM

Hi Meghan,

Could you please share the Contract ID for the job you're referring to? You can get the ID by going to All Contracts> Select the contract in question> Details Tab here. We look forward to your response so we can further review and assist accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
46aaa7ed
Community Member

Hi Meghan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like the client hasn't funded the next milestones yet. We do not recommend working on a milestone that's not funded as the payment will not be guaranteed. Kindly communicate with the client and wait for them to fund it. 

If they become unresponsive for a long period of time, it may be best to stop working on the project and wait for contact from the client.

~ AJ
Upwork
elisa_b
Community Member

If a project consists of different milestones, they are set up separately and a new one can be activated only when the old one has been accepted and the amount in escrow released.

As Annie Jane stated, never work on a new milestone before the previous one has been accepted and paid for. Each single milestone has to be funded as well, otherwise do not work on it.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members