Page options
1cc3f0d3
Community Member

-

"Delete"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
celgins
Community Member

I suggest forgetting about any impact to your JSS and canceling the offer.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
celgins
Community Member

I suggest forgetting about any impact to your JSS and canceling the offer.

And removing the flashing background.

Pretty annoying indeed 

celgins
Community Member

I agree with Jeanne and Elisa.

Flashing and gif animations can be visually distracting; especially animations with flickering or pulsing colors or lights, which can trigger migraines or even photosensitive epilepsy in some people. That may sound like it's going "overboard," but you can never be too safe, and those with visual impairments will appreciate it.

Plus, the W3C has standards for setting animated gif images to stop blinking after n cycles (within 5 seconds).

fd1a3637
Community Member

Maybe someone at Upwork will get the memo and get rid of that absurd guy running at the top of all of our feeds.

I even notified the moderator, and I guess absolutely anything goes. The thing is flashing in the feeds, too. So much for any semblance of rules.

No one cares about the rules on the platform, or the W3C. Thanks, Upwork. For those negatively affected by the strobes/colors, now you know how willing Upwork is to follow their own policies or industry standards.

6038a14b
Community Member

Welcome 

NikolaS

Hi Talha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Would you please have the OP remove the strobe and colors? I have asked for this, and no response. Why do you want people to have migraines, and seizures, not to mention violating the Upwork rules for photos? This is abuse.

So, this is Upwork's way of letting us all know, that anything, and I do mean anything is just fine for an Upwork photo, or a profile, for that matter. The OP has been asked, Upwork has been asked to remove the flashing colors. But no. So, why should any of us say to use the Academy? Or any other Upwork resources? What's the point, when literally, anything and everything is now acceptable? Why do we even bother? It's all up for grabs, any way you can get it, right? Who needs rules? Apparently, not Upwork. And then you have the audacity to say rules matter and are enforced?

It is Upwork's rules that the OP is violating. If you are not going to make the slightest effort at enforcing the rules, industry standards, and recommendations from the AMA and Americans for Disabilities Act, then why should you expect anyone to bother to follow any rules?

cf05215b
Community Member

I'm not an expert in handling cybersecurity issues, but I can offer some general guidance to help you in this situation. Your priority should be to ensure your computer and personal information are secure:

1. Do Not Open the File: It's a good decision not to open the .exe file. It's crucial not to engage with any suspicious files or links that you receive from unknown sources.

2. Contact Upwork Support: Immediately contact Upwork's customer support to report this situation. They can guide you on the steps to take and investigate the client's behavior.

3. Block the Client: On Upwork, you can block the client to prevent further communication.

4. Update Security Software: Ensure your computer's security software is up to date. Perform a full system scan to check for any potential threats.

5. Change Passwords: Consider changing your Upwork password and other passwords for sensitive accounts to prevent unauthorized access.

6. Review Your System: Check your computer for any unusual activities or files and, if necessary, consult with a professional to ensure it's secure.

Regarding the impact on your Job Success Score (JSS), it's important to prioritize your security over any potential rating concerns. Upwork generally understands and takes security matters seriously. They may be able to help address the situation without negatively affecting your JSS, especially if you can provide evidence of the client's inappropriate behavior.

Your safety and security should always come first. Work with Upwork's support team to resolve the situation while minimizing risks to your online security.

elisa_b
Community Member

You have a bright future on Upwork with ChatGPT.

t's a good decision not to open the .exe file. It's crucial not to engage with any suspicious files or links that you receive from unknown sources.

Sorry, chatbot, got it wrong, again.

You NEVER, EVER, open an exe. file! It is a command file, and no client should ever send you one, ever.

If the OP broke the Terms by accepting an offer outside of Upwork, that's on them. If it's an Upwork contract, then report and connects will be returned if they find the client is acting improperly. Feedback is still an issue, too.

If the files weren't opened, there is no reason to have a professional look at the computer. Everyone should have an excellent virus/malware program, paid, not a free one, and still be very careful and treat all files as corrupt until proven otherwise. You should have protection that tells you, without opening, the details of the file, including origin, etc. and what's in it, and if it is safe. Even then, do a read only until further scans are initiated to be safe.

Your chat prompts need work.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members