🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Confuse Client
Page options
paulaalcosta
Community Member

Confuse Client

Hello,

I was hired by a client, and when he asked me to perform his task as a recruiter I started sourcing candidates for him. However, he didn't have a Job Description for the job titles he wanted me to recruit. So, I recruited based on a generic Job Description. When I presented him the list of candidates he said that I didn't understand anything from what he asked me to do (he even made a meet up to clarify what he expected from me). 

Because I couldn't understand what he wanted I suggested that we finilized the contracted. He then, wrote that I was just interested to logging hours on Upwork. I decided not to give any feedback on him not to demage his reputation on the platform (but he was bad intentioned towards me).

Anyway, if you check his profile you will see that he has only two and a half stars, and there are two freelancers who gave feedback on his, one it is mine (and it is EMPTY because I decided not to give him any feedback), and the other is from another freelancer, who curiously wrote that he couldn't understand what this client asked.

Maybe I wasn't the only one who found this client confuse, so I ask that this client doesn't prejudicate my profile, because he was unclear not only towards me. I can pay back the money he paid me.

Ps: I left explanations in light blue on my prints.

Regards,

Paula.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

Paula don't refund this client - he is unprofessional and shouldn't even be on the site.  As you are top rated you could use your perk and have his feedback either entirely or partially removed.  If you have it entirely removed, it will show on your profile as "This feedback has been removed". Have a look here: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
b248d45a
Community Member

Next time always understande the Job discription first before accepting an offer. let them tell you what they want and ask every questions before accepting i think that would help.

As I told you above, he hired me directly without purposing a call. However, he told me he'd explain on Slack what to do after I accepted the proposal. Recruiting has no secrets, I have years of recruitment and there was no order that I could never understand.

His explanation was a long test in which he mentioned the roles he needed to fill. I asked for a Job Description and he didn't provide me. When I started filling the roles listed in his text he told me I didn't understand without explaining what I didn't understand. It wasn't only me!

Its fine dear you dont need to explain yourself we all know how frustrating some clients can be. But in all you should Just move on you are doing well.

Thank you. 

Paula C wrote:

As I told you above, he hired me directly without purposing a call. However, he told me he'd explain on Slack what to do after I accepted the proposal.

Even if a client hires you directly, this opens a message board and you can (and should) ask questions or say that you want to have a call before you accept. 

colettelewis
Community Member

Paula don't refund this client - he is unprofessional and shouldn't even be on the site.  As you are top rated you could use your perk and have his feedback either entirely or partially removed.  If you have it entirely removed, it will show on your profile as "This feedback has been removed". Have a look here: 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228

Clients should not be asking freelancers for money.

This client's behavior is unprofessional and immoral.

I agree that the original poster should not give the client a refund.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members