🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connecting with freelancers in my city
Page options
gilbertmutai
Community Member

Connecting with freelancers in my city

I am asking this question for the sake of full time freelancers working from home; Is there a way guys connect with other Upwork freelancers in my city (specifically Nairobi) and build meaningful relationship where we can be regularly meet and share tips and experiences?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gilbert,

Occasionally, Upwork freelancers get together for huddles in their country. Please keep an eye on the schedule here for an Upwork huddle in your country.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
robin_hyman
Community Member

Your best bet is to create a Facebook group.  Join other Facebook groups in your area and post a link promoting others to join yours.  I've joined a few freelancing groups filled with people around the globe (ex: freelancing females, freelance content marketing writers)

Sounds like a good idea. Sadly, I left Facebook longtime ago!
dsmgdesign
Community Member

Unforunately, No. Not on Upwork. Good idea. But Upwork is a marketplace, so only hiring and accepting jobs can be done here. 

Ok sounds clear now. Thanks for clarifying this.
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gilbert,

Occasionally, Upwork freelancers get together for huddles in their country. Please keep an eye on the schedule here for an Upwork huddle in your country.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander, Thanks for sharing this. This is very helpful. Good news is that my city Nairobi is in the list. I will keep the date and also subscribe to upwork marketing as advised here.  Hope to meet other guys there! 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members