🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects are too expensive
Page options
european74
Community Member

Connects are too expensive

Submitting my proposals for projects is too expensive. Within two days, I spent 70 connects on several job offers, and no one responded. One of my proposals was viewed by a potential client, but still, no one responded to my applications. After 14 years of working as a freelancer on Elance and Upwork, I have reached the point where I must say that it's not worth submitting proposals for such expensive Connects on Upwork. Today, I saw a posting for which submitting a proposal would cost me 22 connects. It's simply not profitable. Upwork is profit-driven—like everyone else—but this approach is very shortsighted. I will continue to look for opportunities to earn money here, but unfortunately, I must also seek other options because I can't afford to keep sending my proposals on Upwork.

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Many FLs said the same an 2 year ago. Most of them gone already.

nav_designer
Community Member

I agree with Mariusz and have already stopped applying for jobs totally worth less.

Upwork failed to make improvements,

they could increase the connect price and fee and stop boosting system.

It would be helpful if they could develop an algorithm to find the best freelancers for each job posting.

they could charge clients for job postings.

4dcd4a0c
Community Member

It's frustrating when the cost of submitting proposals outweighs the potential return. Investing time and resources into applying for projects, only to receive no response, can be disheartening. The increasing expense of connects on Upwork adds another layer of challenge for freelancers, especially those with extensive experience like yourself. It's understandable that you're considering other options. Hopefully, Upwork will address these concerns and find a more balanced approach to connect pricing.

It's frustrating when the cost of submitting proposals outweighs the potential return.

Why bid on such low-paying jobs? Never spend more than you can make.

irene_geraldine
Community Member

totally agree, I wrote something similar here and some user cases in which connects make no sense https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Connects-and-Injustice/td-p/1587727/jump-to/first-unread...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members