🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects disappearing and applications not be...
Page options
mmancia
Community Member

Connects disappearing and applications not being even viewed .... UpWork not reliable

I am beyong frustrated.  I have been in this platform, which I have considered my only trustful platform to have work.  But since 6 months is has been really hard to land a job.

Connects.  I havent applied to jobs in the last several days.  And my connects points fluctuate every day.  I see missing points 1 by 1.  I even ot gifted 10 points and I havent used them and now I have 6!  How come that the connects keep disappearing if I havent applied at all????

I spend many connects to apply to jobs.  And now 50+ people apply to those jobs.  I spend the connects, and my application is not even being viewed.  Also, if my application hasnt been viewed.  They close the jobs without even hiring anyone!  I do not get credited my points either.  I think for freelancers is unfair.  Specially for those like my that have years of experience and have been around in UpWork for so long like me, and people usually go for those that have no experience.  Or clients keep opening jobs with same titles, because they do not find a "suitable" freelancer.  When they do not want to pay the experience. 

These last 6 months has been hard comepting for jobs.  I see those jobs I have applied, get 50+ applicants, have 3-4 same title jobs posts.  And they close (if they do) the jobs without even looking. 

Plus my connects disappear.  Is really disheartening. I think the UpWork is not what it used to be.  Now money talks, and whoever spends so much money in connects (for the last 6 months I have spend in average, like 150 dollars in connects.  And I still have not landed a good meaningful job).  UpWork is not realiable any more. 

This is frustrating.  I used to have many more invitations to interviews.  Now I barely get something.  I think is the time of the time of the day to start looking for other platforms.  And let those people that can work 24/7 be the ones taking on UpWork now.  Those are the ones that land jobs.  Really the website doesnt help any more like before to stand out.  Is just marketing about buying connects, and buy places with more connects...  This is a good marketing in the beginning. 

0 REPLIES 0
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members