🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Layale is a Scam
Page options
jadsonlourenco
Community Member

Layale is a Scam

I don't know if the owner of this website **Edited for Community Guidelines** is the guy behind this scam, but I don't trust "store", and I hope other people don't buy on this website that is/hire scammers!

Yesterday I received a job offer to help with Facebook ads, the client account was new, but with payment verified and 3 active jobs, $0 was spent on Upwork. the client name: **Edited for Community Guidelines**.

Before accepting the job I asked for more details, so, "she" asked to send me an email, I don't agree and asked to send it here, then, "she" send me an external link (temporary) from this website **Edited for Community Guidelines**

was a ".rar" file with password. So, probably a virus, like other scams did here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/A-new-Facebook-scam-in-place/m-p/1175894

I use Linux, so, 99,9% of the virus don't work on my system, but I'm sharing it with you guys be careful:

* Client account is new?
* Spent nothing here?

* Job budget is high?

SCAM!

Thanks, health.

19 REPLIES 19
spectralua
Community Member

It is not a **Edited for Community Guidelines**, name is random. You have wasted lot of time.

Before contract started you cannot: contact via FB, share eml, exchange files and future useless step. 

So I also was contacted by Layale to do Facebook Ads/Marketing. They must have learned a little from things not advancing with you- 1. They asked me to show them some of my work or some analytics proving the effects of my ad campaigns, etc. At this point I was still thinking it may be a legit job, but the FIRST person to ever hit me up on here scammed me GOOD. I actually did about 11 hours of work (over 2-3 days) and creates a video with content the provided me, edited everything including audio, provided stock images and video clips, etc and as soon as i finished and they asked if they could pay me with a check. I spazzed! I thought it may have been a scam when the offered to pay a great price for my services (especially since I was so new ((to the site- not to video creation))) BUT the video they wanted was for his DAUGHTER'S 7TH BIRTHDAY! He even sent me images and vide clips of him, his wife, and daughter! (Or possibly someone else's family) AND sent me a song he supposedly paid someone to write and record professionally for the bday song! It had his supposed daughters name in the song and spoke about her turning 7! So at that point- I regaind some faith that it was a honest job. Because who would ever send pics and video clips of their child and wife and then they to scam someone, right? So I worked my a** off to create this amazing, customized/tailored to this little girl and what I picked up on- about her just from the images and clips. It's pretty amazing. The final product was right at TWO MINUTES long! So I send him a link and tell him I have a few little thing to tweek and asked if their was anything he wanted to change or add. He said no I think it's perfect. He insisted it didn't even need the tweeks I was going to do. So I asked him to go ahead and pay me and assured him I would send him access to download the video as soon as payment is verified on the site. That's when he hits me with the "check!" I said Oh. MY. JESUS. Are you seriously scamming me right now??? You've GOT to be kidding." Anyways, I'm just glad I put my watermarks all over th video AND only sent him a watch-only link. I admit, I was pretty disappointed with UpWork for a while there. I really put my all into that little girl's bday video. Being that I have an 8 year old little girl (and 2 year old little girl)- I HAD to give it my all. This little girl deserved the best on her bday. So... to this day I still wonder if the pics even were of him and his family ...or not. The only possibility I could think of was that maybe he had found someone else that was looking for a video creator to make the bday video for THEIR daughter and he/she was trying to get someone (me) to make the content for them, then slip out on paying them, send the REAL dad his kid's video I made, and get paid for my work? I don't know! I can't think of another way that was supposed to go!  Well FAST FWD to this past week and I receive a job offer for LAYALE'. The person "David" sent me the actual job offer and yes, the rar.files as well. Which I used specifically software to unzip and extract- there was a commercial ad for Layale - showing some of the dresses, women twirling around in them quite nice actually, good quality. Then the other file I did not extract or open. My program just wasn't having it. So I emailed David and asked to send me the files individually attached to a email, and not compressed. He has messaged me back, so I'm gonna see how he responded to that. I'll update you all and let you know how this person tries THEIR scam! But 3/4 of the jobs that hit me up have been scams now. Only one has not been.  So I've pretty much lost all faith in UpWork at this point.  Smh.

Shelby

ShayOhSoFamousDesigns

5c1b85d6
Community Member

**bleep**. 

I just received an offer and I was suspicious. I downloaded it on my Macbook, but I didn't extract the files when I saw the .exe extension. Thanks for reporting!

4e99ea99
Community Member

Yes it is scam & i also have opened this but then removed from my PC so yeah I have also reported in cyber crime.

Hi Hussain. Same thing happened to me. I opened it and immediately deleted everything. I did an antivirus scan. I wanted to know if they stole some information from you or if you solved it with deletion.

lberhe
Community Member

Thanks for posting! Just declined the offer

jeremyolleres
Community Member

Thank you! Glad I did my research first before I engage. I just received a direct job offer, with no details etc. LOL. 99.99% SCAM 

73e1f459
Community Member

Does it mean Upwork cant do anything about this scam jobs flooding all over their platform? 

Can for sure. Correct question is want? 🙂

debi-f
Community Member

awriterslife4me
Community Member

Thank you for posting. Got an offer that looked suspicious from them and ran across your post after I did some digging. Why is UpWork not pulling them from the platform? Has everyone reported Layale and UpWork's just not pulling them?

b2673cde
Community Member

I also got the same offer and the same files. 

bc0da832
Community Member

Thanks so much for this thread! I just got an offer from them and was about to get excited. Glad I did a simple google search. 

73d5f6e6
Community Member

OMG Thank you for this post! Crazy all you have to do is google "Layale" and this upwork thread comes up. I just declined an offer from them (after never having spoken to them, like everyone else here)

jeweljalandoni70
Community Member

Haha, their scamming me now but it's good that right after clicking the link and before hitting the DL button, I remember to check google if Layale is legit and then I found this. Thanks folks!

860fc5e4
Community Member

Yes it is a scam, mistakenly I had accepted the contract and when they said they can only send the project file through email I have understood its a scam, although I have requested them to send it through upwork but they denied, they said they can only send it through email. Now I don't know how do I turn off the contract. I will be glad if anyone can help!

ershadmd20
Community Member

Same things happened  with me,  she send me a corrupt software and one 30s video,  the software doesn't  support window sequrity system, 

b10b46b8
Community Member

Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I am reaching out on behalf of my wife, who is the rightful owner of this account, with an important update. Unfortunately, her business Facebook page has fallen victim to a hacking incident. However, we want to assure you that she has successfully regained control of her Instagram page and remains the sole owner of our website.

Please be aware that we are taking immediate legal action to track down the hacker and ensure that they are held accountable for their actions. Safeguarding the security and integrity of our online platforms is our top priority.

To stay informed about the latest developments regarding this incident, we kindly ask you to visit our website at **Edited for Community Guidelines**and review the latest notice posted there.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding and support during this challenging time. Your trust in our brand means a lot to us, and we are fully committed to resolving this issue as quickly as possible.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. We will keep you updated on any further developments related to the situation.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Rami Hashish
On behalf of **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Rami,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this here in the Community. I'm sorry to learn about this unpleasant and disappointing experience. Due to privacy reasons and as Annie Jane mentioned above, we can't disclose any information or actions being taken on another user's account. Don't worry! She should be able to contact our support team via the chatbot without logging in.

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support."
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members