🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Connects not fully compensated
Page options
5de89cfb
Community Member

Connects not fully compensated

I have applied for many jobs in the past few days, where the job was cancelled. All of these job had a minimum requirement of 10-15 connects. In return, I only received 1 connect as compensation. Does everyone who applied only recieve 1 connect back if the job was cancelled? Why is the freelancer punished all those connects, for a job that never happened? It is not in our power if the job gets cancelled or not. What happens to all those connects? If 50 people apply for a job that is 11 connects, and the client cancels that job without picking a freelancer, do all those freelancers only get 1 connect back? That means there are 500 connects left over ($75), that Upwork gets to absorb because a job was cancelled. It seems like Upwork is making money off of cancelled jobs. Am I off base in thinking that? 

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.20.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.20.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.02.19 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
ArjayM

Hi Andrew,

We understand your concerns about how the return Connects policy works. Please allow me to explain this further. We only return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

That said, canceled jobs (With client activity) will not warrant any return Connects to your account. You can find more information here.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members